Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

katmbca

On another machine I recall using a newer version of Winamp with the newer media library and video. I want to upgrade the version I'm using on this pc, but noticed the download from winamp lists a whole bunch of stuff I don't want.

Basically I want more than the free lite version, but less than the free full version. I get nervous about installing things when it appears there is 3rd party stuff attached.

Was there AOL and Emusic stuff hiding in the background in the other pc I saw, or is there a version that has the functionality of the new media library without the junk? Can anyone give me an idea what version this might be?

I suspect it was probably version 5.03 or something, but I don't want to install a whole bunch of potential junk before finding out. Please help.

jaredcheeda

I've got the newest version from winamp's site
    http://winamp.com/player/free.php
    I got the bundle which included that sh*tty hawthorn heights song that I then quickly deleted.
    yes it comes with a bunch of crap like that (relating to emusic and aol) but you can uncheck them when you're installing. the worse thing that could happen is it just leaves some shortcuts around on your computer. like on the desktop, maybe in the start menu, and possibly, but I doubt, in your browser favorites.
    in anycase, it won't install any other programs on your computer besides winamp, and there's no adware, spyware, trojans or anything else bad in it. the short cuts open up as a link in your browser and take you the aol or emusic site. so there's no files from them on you computer.

also, a little trick when you're in winamp, slowly type NULLSOFT (hitting escape after each L) for an easter egg