Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Mp3 Player Help

justjeff

I bought my daughter a MP3 player last week, when trying to use setup cd that came with it, mm9.0, it sez my os will not suport it, I am running win98.

So before I spend hours trying to find what to download to get this thing to work hopefully one of you will be able to point me in the right direction.

What I am wanting to do is simply take music off a CD and put it into the MP3 player.

The player is a RCA lyra RD1072.

Release Candiate 2

First you have to 'rip" the music from the CD to "wave' format then convert "wave" to "MP3"
    Here is a program that is easy to use, this pprogram can also rip and convert in 1 step
    Then you just copy the MP3 file(s) to your player

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

You should do some research on Mp3 players, So many manufacturers are paranoid about file swapping so they make their players use some kind of software interface to put music on their devices to prevent you from sharing your music with others. I do not know if anyone is making an mp3 player these days that allows you to simply copy and paste your files to it. If anyone knows of one please post it.

When you attach the lyra to the pc does it show up in windows explorer as a drive letter? If so see if you can copy a small file (any file will do) to that drive letter, and then delete that file you just copied. If this works then you can use CDEX to convert your CD's to mp3's then copy and paste some mp3 files to the lyra drive letter, and then try to play them on the lyra, if they play you are set, then you don't need MM. I have used CDEX with win98, works well.
    Hope this helps