Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

solin

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. I would like to capture a broacast using Real Player for listening later. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Beta

I'm not sure if it is even possible, so if I were you, I'd do a Google Search.

Super Moderator

Release Candiate 2

I used a program called Total recorder Pro just the other nite to do just what you want to do. It in not shareware though. It is also a little difficult to use at first. (learning curve). I have not found a free one yet but still looking. You may email me if you hve more questions about the program. Here is the link.

http://www.highcriteria.com/

You might be able to click 'RECORD AUDIO' with real player (My rp8 has 'RECORD AUDIO' which works on most streams)

Good Luck

This is the straightforward procedure I use for recording things like this (I use Windows 95 OSR2):

Double-click the yellow speaker in the system tray, or run sndvol32.exe. This brings up the volume control.
    Click on Options, then Properties.
    In the "Adjust volume for" field of the Properties dialog box, select the "Recording" option button and press OK. This now brings up the recording control.
    Make sure that the "Wave" input is selected (you probably also want to deselect "Microphone" and others).

Now you can use a WAV recorder (Sound Recorder and most other apps should work; I personally use an old app from the Windows 3.1 era called Media Vision Pocket Recorder) to record RealPlayer streams or potentially anything else you hear over your computer.