Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Programs added: WS_FTP LE and BitSpirit

WS_FTP LE is a great FTP program that is no longer available and was replaced with WS_FTP Home. WS_FTP LE and a simple program for uploading files, you can also change permissions and it has a basic resume. It's old but it's great and I know a number of people who still use it. You can ony use it for personal and academic use, otherwise you need to pay and buy WS_FTP Pro or any other alternative. It's no longer available through IPSwitch, but we archived it to make sure this great small program is not lost.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=wsftp

We also received an email about the new version of a Bit Torrent alternative client, BitSpirit being a bit unstable and a lot of the people in the community are looking for an older version of it. He sent us one file and we took it upon ourselves to gather the rest and now the archive for BitSpirit is up and anyone looking for an old version of it can go ahead and download them.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=bitspirit

Also, with the release of Acrobat Reader 7.0, we added 6.0 and 6.01 thanks to another email we received from a visitor.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acrobat

Use this thread to comment on the updates, tell us which other files are in need of archival, and also to inform us which pages of our site are out of date. I'll do my best to keep up.

Thanks to all our loyal visitors, and forum members for their help.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

retype

Default MSN Messenger 7.0/7.5

There is a new version of MSN Messenger out (even though I cannot get it to work :P); version 7.5, available here

Version 7.0 can be obtained here

EDIT:
    A new version of WinRAR has also been released , making the current version 3.50 instead of 3.40 as stated on the OV page for WinRAR.
    Last edited by retype; 08-31-2005 at 01:32 PM.