Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New forum software

We've had security issues with Invision Board so we decided to go with vBulletin. It may take a while to get used to, but there are more features and it should be easier for users to search for threads / old versions now. I'm sorry for the downtime we had on our forums, but we're back and fully functional now.

Please let us know of any bugs or problems you guys notice. We will try our best to resolve them.

Locust: I'm sure you will be happy with your new admin panel.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 08-15-2005 at 12:56 AM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

IMO, Invision was better. Sure, there was security issues, but, you get ALOT more features in the latest version of IPB.

http://invisionboard.com/?demo
    You can request a demo there (of IPB 2.0.4), and with all the features it has, it's well worth purchasing.

I'm not trying to create an argument here, but that's just my opinion.

Administrator

getting used to this (NO PROBS) the downtime was agonising though thank the lord youre back up and running.
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by SSS
    IMO, Invision was better. Sure, there was security issues, but, you get ALOT more features in the latest version of IPB.

http://invisionboard.com/?demo
    You can request a demo there (of IPB 2.0.4), and with all the features it has, it's well worth purchasing.

I'm not trying to create an argument here, but that's just my opinion.
    I checked it out, but didn't like it. Not to mention we already paid for vBulletin which was cheaper. Security > features.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

You paid for it O:
    I like the free oldversion but then security aint my problem
    as for features I'm mississing the active topics tab .

Yes ,I could probably enable this and that and click on those but I prefered the 1 link, I cant say I've needed to add more features, early days though.

I noticed some of my imported posts were all f**d up but then they prolly werent that hot to begin with 0|-)

Its kinda scary to think that there isnt a search button on the front page maybe someone might not search first. (looks like improved defaults though)

Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Goslow
    there isnt a search button on the front page
    There is.

VBULLETN IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Thank you ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we just gotta add a default VB skin and the Quick reply hack and we'll be good to go!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    VBULLETN IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Thank you ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we just gotta add a default VB skin and the Quick reply hack and we'll be good to go!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like this template. I think it's way better than the default. I'm afraid if I add the Quick reply feature I'll be seeing a lot of one-word replies.

I'll see though.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

I never use the quick reply option on any boards. Since you can not preview before submitting - to check for errors, layout.
    If more people previewed before submitting, then there would be less cryptic replies.
    I don't think spelling errors and whatnot should be so acceptable on forums, if someone misspells a word here or there, no big deal, but when some posts don't make much sense, that should not be a trade-off for quick replies.
    One board I am a member of does not permit spelling errors to go uncorrected.
    On a support forum, typos are not acceptable and can lead to more problems then the original issues at hand. If you do not understand the meaning of a post, one can not assist in correcting the problem.

I'd keep the quick reply where it's at.

Yes you can get PREVIEW Locust!!

That other site me and you are on,you can get Preview with Quick reply (Click that option next to the submit button under the quick reply box to preview it)