Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

wagingwarwithyahoo

Default yahoo messenger problems

im having problems with yahoo messenger. same as in

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/archi...php?t-329.html

"First, you open the program, and close it (closing it completely, i.e. in the systray as well), then, you could open it again, but maybe once or twice after that. When you try and open it again and doesn't open, this happens: the mouse pointer icon shows the mini hour glass for about 2 seconds and the HDD-LED light blinks for a little (the hard drive also makes clicking noises, which is normal), but the program never opens. The computer neither freezes when this happens, nor does the program perform an illegal operation.

The computer will restart fine after that. It also seems that a fresh boot will allow me to open the program afterwards, but you can't open and close it too often."

but ive always had problems with it, even before i upgraded, which is why i did. i had the same problem with my own as i do now on this computer. i get error messages every time i close the program, and if i click on too many things in one session.
    i deleted the old one, and upgraded to the new one, then after having the problems mentioned above, i deleted the old one and downloaded, again, the older version from this site. now the program works, but never connects.
    if you have any suggestions, i could use the help,
    thanks

Administrator

you say you DELETED the old one ? did you delete it or UNINSTALL it,many of the oldversions of yahoo no longer work so if you have downloaded an older one it perhaps never will connect,if you have deleted a program and not uninstalled it then that could cause problems.
    simply me