Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beta

A prerequisite of some radio networks is that you must have Real Player installed to receive their broadcasts such as the BBC as mentioned in topic http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...55&hl=bbc+radio

Jebastin

Hi m using Downloaded Real one player in my computer if i try 2 run som files i got error mesag
    virtual memory 2 low

Pls giv the soln

Jebastin

Hi m using Downloaded Real one player in my computer if i try 2 run som files i got error mesag
    virtual memory 2 low

Pls giv the soln

Administrator

please use the search feature, had you done this you would of found your answer in this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...=virtual+memory
    simply me

fishen

When I try to install real player 7 at the end of the installation it says taht the writing ot the registary failed...what can I do to solve this?

ianpwilliams

Default Which Realplayer version for an old computer?

I want to be able to listen to different BBC radio stations online (and various other stuff) and I need Realplayer, but my PC is too old for the new version (only a P166 with 56k modem), does anyone know which version I need, and any plugins, to be able to do that? Thanks

Administrator

have a read through these search results for real player im sure this has been covered before http://www.oldversion.com/talk/search.php?searchid=6578
    simply me

Back when I had a 166 (years ago), I think I used RealPlayer 8. May have been 7. I still use that version when I need to view rm files, it works pretty well.

Hope that helps.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Real Player 8/8+ are the BEST VERSIONS because AOL bought them after 8+ was released and came out with RealONE and it sucked as well as rp10 .. its just as bad

I strongly recommend RealPlayer 8: It's new enough to not have compatibility issues with any content I'm aware of, yet isn't as bloated, hard-to-use, and parasitic as RealOne or subsequent versions. When you into preferences and uncheck everything and also hide things like the content panel and media bar, it becomes a surprisingly nice application.

One thing, though: AOL never bought Real. Real's reputation went downhill by their own effort.