Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which real player should I download? I really only need the the one part to play video. I do not need all the other stuff that come with it. I Have ME with a celron 700 processor.

which is the better realplayer?

Super Moderator

I don't use RealPlayer, so you might have to wait for a reply from someone who does, but if i were to pick one and use it today, i think i would go with RealPlayer 5.0, and thats only because that was the last version i had used.

Obbop

Later versions of RealPlayer are bloated beyond belief and try to grab everything within your system it can.

For example, after a couple years of being Real Playerless I bit the bullet and downloaded the latest offering so I could listen to an on-line radio station I really wanted to listen to but only used Real Audio streaming.

After installation, and being careful to unmark or mark every choice possible to minimize how many "things" Real Player latched onto, I saw that many icons, even those belonging to items not even related to media, had been changed to RA icons.

Various media and picture files that are not usable by Real Audio now tried to open with Real Audio!!!!! Of course the pop-up warning telling me that the item couldn't be opened appeared. Even my jpwg images tried to open with Real Player!!!!!!!

It took me two hours to remove the program and change the file associations back to there they should be.

Earlier versions of Real Player did not do this stuff to my computer.

Try this link for a version history and apparently where you can download those versions:

http://kalvos.org/realdown.html

Of course, take normal precautions regarding viruses, trojans, etc in case these downloads are not what they are said to be.

I am not 100% certain but I believe the G2 version is one of the pre-bloatware offerings that do not try to grab everything in your machine. Some Web searching would likely inform you of all the juicy details as to which versions are less intrusive, though one does have to open a lot of search engine hits before finding the desired info.

Originally posted by Obbop@Jan 22 2004, 07:32 PM
    Try this link for a version history and apparently where you can download those versions:

http://kalvos.org/realdown.html

Of course, take normal precautions regarding viruses, trojans, etc in case these downloads are not what they are said to be.

OldVersion.com also archives all of these old versions of Real Pleyer at http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=rjukebox

[edit] Many older versions of Real Player are also archived at Real Player's offical site at http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html [/edit]

I have Realplayer 8 plus and i love it!!!!!

I tried getting rp10 and it sucked!!!!!!!!&#33 ;

Way too many ads,intrusive stuff i didnt want!!!!!!!

Ill stick w/realplayer 8 plus!!!!!!

The Dude

Visitor

Of course, pl. use RealOne player !

Release Candiate 1

You may want to consider Real Alternative

"Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia file without having to install RealPlayer or RealOne Player"

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

-igor

Hi everyone,

Recently I thought I should download the latest version of RealPlayer (10). But I keep on getting the message of "RealPlayer10GOLD.exe is not a valid WIN32 application." So I scrapped that idea.

Anyway, I tried to go back to RealPlayerOne but I find that for some reason it doesn't want to play anything when I go to my favourite BBC Radio website. It can still play something when it uses the stand-alone RealPlayer but every time I want to play something live or a specific program that uses that a special pop-up window from the BBC it says "You eith do not have RealPlayer or the RealPlayer plugin installed."

Please, please, please help.

Thanks,

Super Moderator

Thats more than likely an issue with the BBC's real server. I had seen that exact error on their site before. I was using an older RealPlayer 8 (Linux) and i twould not work. THis could be due to the server side software they are running.
    You should try downloading the RealPlayer10 once again. Use a download manager, maybe you had not gotten the whole download.