Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Realoneplayer

chico

I downloaded the latest Version of RealOnePlayer on my old computer - Pentium1-32RamMemory-W98SE - and when I tried to use it, my computer froze. Dose anyone know if an older version would be more suitable, and which one? I only need a very basic one to listen to music off the internet. Thanking you for all your replies.

Beta

Originally posted by chico@Jan 12 2003, 02:07 PM
    I downloaded the latest Version of RealOnePlayer on my old computer - Pentium1-32RamMemory-W98SE - and when I tried to use it, my computer froze. Dose anyone know if an older version would be more suitable, and which one? I only need a very basic one to listen to music off the internet. Thanking you for all your replies.
    RealOne Player DOES NOT work on your computer with as little ram that you have, not to mention the processor.

RealOne Player v1.0 Minimum System Requirements:

- Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later, Windows XP
    - 233MHz Intel Pentium II processor
    - 64MB of RAM
    - 28.8Kbps modem (audio only)
    - 16-bit sound card and speakers
    - 65,000-color video display card set to display at 800x600 (video)
    - IE 5.0 or later

I would recommend downloading RealPlayer 8 (the last version of the old Real Player), which you can get at the RealNetworks Legacy Software Archive or at OldVersion.com.

RealPlayer 8 Minimum System Requirements:

- Windows® 95 operating system
    - 120MHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
    - 16MB of RAM
    - 28.8Kbps modem
    - 16-bit sound card and speakers
    - 65,000-color video display card (optional; required for video)
    - Internet connection and web browser (I.E 4.01 or Netscape 4.0 or later)

Originally posted by lightsup55@Jan 12 2003, 03:35 PM
    I would recommend downloading RealPlayer 8 (the last version of the old Real Player), which you can get at the RealNetworks Legacy Software Archive.
    Or you can get it at OldVersion.com. You might get a faster download speed or not have to fill out the forms they ask you to.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Originally posted by ABlix+Jan 12 2003, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ABlix @ Jan 12 2003, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lightsup55@Jan 12 2003, 03:35 PM
    I would recommend downloading RealPlayer 8 (the last version of the old Real Player), which you can get at the RealNetworks Legacy Software Archive.
    Or you can get it at OldVersion.com. You might get a faster download speed or not have to fill out the forms they ask you to. [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s right.

Beta

Originally posted by ABlix@Jan 12 2003, 03:51 PM
    Or you can get it at OldVersion.com. You *might get a faster download speed or not have to fill out the forms they ask you to.
    I forgot to mention it, however, the page I listed above has more versions of RealPlayer and RealJukebox (not just Windows, they also have Windows 3.1 Windows 95, Mac OS 7, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 9, Unix, Linux, OS/2, and other languages of their old software) than what&#39;s listed at OldVersion.com. And by the way, there are NO FORMS to fill out. Take a look yourself.

The only one you WON&#39;T find there is RealDownload. If anyone can find versions of RealDownload, please send them to us.

guest_Tom

RealOnePlayer takes over your entire system and won&#39;t even let you have your MP3&#39;s or other file ext. open with WinAmp or other music program. RealOne also uses a huge amount of resources. Stick with RealPlayer 8. Also puts a huge amount of spyware and popups on your computer.