Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

kamino

Default AIM SOUNDS: I turn them off and have deleted the "open/close door" sounds...

I want there to be NO opening/closing door noises. I like to listen to my music loud sometimes and the noise interupts it even though I have disabled all sounds and chose not to have alerts for any buddies. I have also deleted the sound files for "open/close door". Any other suggestions aside from making all the buddies have "<beep>" for the noise?

Welcome ashore,i hope you enjoy your stay!!!!!

I also have disabled the sounds in my AIM cause i listen to music also and dont want the sound from that!!!!!!

donuts222

actaully i was haveing the same problem and so i searched, and found this forum...but no others...then i went back into the buddy prefrences and noticed that its not under sounds...its under the first screen that pops up when you go into prefrences...there is another sounds button there at the bottom, thats where the door open/close sounds are

I'm having a weird problem. I turned off all my AIM sounds and everything seemed to be working for a while and now out of nowhere, the entering/leaving buddy sounds keep happening and there's not even any buddies entereing or leaving! It's really really annoying. If you have any suggestions, IM me, my sn is the same on AIM as on here. Thanks!
    ~del

AIM has been acting up alot lately.....

You can no longer see the status of wheather someone is ONLINE or not.. Every name you put in it says they are ONLINE (In the INFO field) It sucks.........

Welcome to the site!

admin4000

Default virus sound card

hmm, goatrobot27 that may because you have a rootkit or a virus on your computer that has infected your sound card, this usually happens on windows me or windows 95-98 if either the computer is slow, the sound card is damaged, the computer has a virus on it or something else is wrong. This is quiet rare to be happening in windows xp unless it is windows xp pro illegal version running on a very slow computer such as mine, a 300mhz computer with 64mb ram. but of cource I have a new Dual Core Computer to use aswell

Quote Originally Posted by admin4000 View Post
    hmm, goatrobot27 that may because you have a rootkit or a virus on your computer that has infected your sound card, this usually happens on windows me or windows 95-98 if either the computer is slow, the sound card is damaged, the computer has a virus on it or something else is wrong. This is quiet rare to be happening in windows xp unless it is windows xp pro illegal version running on a very slow computer such as mine, a 300mhz computer with 64mb ram. but of cource I have a new Dual Core Computer to use aswell
    uhh i just got this laptop and it doesnt have anything wrong with it or any viruses... thats not the problem.

infected the soundcard? eh