Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limewire Help

eric eaton

Default limewire

trying to download Limewire but cannot as it says i should have Java 2TM Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, v. 1.3.1 installed on your system. Limewire needs the JRE installed in order to run successfully ......................... can anyone help me with what to do next ................... for free obviously!!

Administrator

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2949 read this thread,as it has the link for for 1.3.1 of jave in it,if you need this then you will have to download and install it as needed
    simply me

Mikey77577

Default Limewire versions...

I have downloaded a couple of the limewire programs you have on your site, yet they all give me the same problem when I click on the icon to load up the program. It says "Sorry, Limewire could not locate a suitable Java Runtime Environment. Please download and install one from http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html"

I have downloaded the latest Java on that site, but Limewire will not open. Can anyone help me?

Administrator

you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it,bear in mind though that some of the older versions of such programs do not connect anymore,more on this is in existing threads if you do a search of the forums and read past postings.if you want more in depth help you might want to check out www.p2pzone.com which is a dedicated filesharing forum as members for the most part here do not use these apps.
    simply me

danmelissab1996

Default Limewire Help

I just installed limewire 4.0 and it keeps telling me I need to install suitable Java runtime enviroment. I have and it still tells me that can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Default get the right java...

try the Java™ 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment at
    Code:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
    get the J2EE 1.4 on the right, install it .......... hav phun

Default the right java...

try the Java™ 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment at
    Code:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
    get the J2EE 1.4 on the right, install it .......... hav phun

Quote Originally Posted by eric eaton
    trying to download Limewire but cannot as it says i should have Java 2TM Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, v. 1.3.1 installed on your system. Limewire needs the JRE installed in order to run successfully ......................... can anyone help me with what to do next ................... for free obviously!!
    how can i download linewire free offline instead online?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gwhite
    how can i download linewire free offline instead online?
    You have to be connected, online, to download something.

Default Need Help

[SIZE="5"][/SIZEI ]try to download a song off limewire but it does no let me download