Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Release Candiate 1

Các bạn làm ơn chỉ dùm tôi cách sử dụng ổ CD-ROM có sẵn trên 1 máy cũ không có driver cho ổ CD, không biết ổ CD này hiệu ǵ nữa.......rất cám ơn

Release Candiate 1

Cac ban oi, toi moi mua 1 may computer cũ co CD -ROM ma khong co driver, lam sao su dung?

Beta

What are you trying to say?

Release Candiate 1

I'm so sorry, I did write the post in my native language. Very very sorry. I apologize if my error caused any inconvenience. Here is my post:

"I just bought an old computer with a CD-ROM and a blank Hard Drive. There ia no driver for the CD Drive. Will anybody can help me how to solve the problem i.e. got a driver fot the CD to work. Thanks"

Beta

Originally posted by Mosky@Jan 8 2003, 10:20 PM
    I'm so sorry, I did write the post in my native language. Very very sorry. I apologize if my error caused any inconvenience. Here is my post:

"I just bought an old computer with a CD-ROM and a blank Hard Drive. There ia no driver for the CD Drive. Will anybody can help me how to solve the problem i.e. got a driver fot the CD to work. Thanks"
    First off, what CD-ROM? (full install of a specific operating system such as Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP etc.)
    Second, blank hard drive? Is it new (as in just purchased, never used)?

I use Windows 98 and I hope these instructions are the same for you or at least similar. (You can install Windows 95 from a CD by using a Windows 98 floppy to start the computer, however, if you look hard enough you might find Windows 95 and/or Windows 98 on floppies. I'll warn you, it's like 20 floppies and triples the install time&#33

On a working PC running Windows 98, go to the Add/Remove Program Control Panel and click on the Startup Disk tab, insert a blank 3.5 (3 and a half) 1.44 MD high density disk, then click Create Disk.

After formating, copying of system files, etc. Use this disk to startup your other computer and MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE TO STARTUP WITH CD-ROM SUPPORT! You'll be in MS-DOS (Microsoft Disk Operating System, black background, white text, type commands etc.). The startup process (from floppy disk) should enable your CD drive and tell you what your CD drive letter is. If it tells you that your CD drive is E:, then you type E:\SETUP.EXE. This runs the SETUP.EXE file off the CD-ROM drive.

NOTE: IF YOUR HARD DIRVE IS UNFORMATTED, YOU'LL NEED TO FORMAT IT USING FDISK AND/OR FORMAT INCLUDED ON THE DISK. DON'T ASK ME ON HOW TO USE IT SINCE I ONLY USE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. WHEN MY PURCHASED OUR WESTERN DIGITAL AND MAXTOR HARD DRIVE, I USED THE SOFTWARE INCLUDED (FLOPPY) TO FORMAT THE HARD DRIVE. AFTERWARDS I INSTALLED MY OS.

Release Candiate 1

Thanks lightsup55 for the value information provided. I'll follow your instructions first thing in the morning. I'm familiar with fdisk and HD formating, the problem is now looking for a Win98 start-up floppy. My both computers in use now running XP so I have to see somebody for this. Thanks again.

Release Candiate 1

Hey lightsup55, I did it. Thanks again.

Beta

Originally posted by Mosky@Jan 9 2003, 04:37 AM
    Thanks lightsup55 for the value information provided. I'll follow your instructions first thing in the morning. I'm familiar with fdisk and HD formating, the problem is now looking for a Win98 start-up floppy. My both computers in use now running XP so I have to see somebody for this. Thanks again.
    If you need a Windows 98 startup disk, I can get one for you. First, download WinImage, it's a program that makes copies of your floppy disks by placing an image on your hard drive. You can also format a floppy disk from an image on your hard drive.

I can get a WinImage Disk file ready to send to you if you need it.

NOTE: Only if your original reall floppy disk is bootable, the image will be bootable. When you create a new floppy disk from that image, your new disk will be bootable.

Here's how to create an image from a floppy disk:
    • Create a Windows 98 Startup Disk in Add/Remove Control Panel
    • Run WinImage
    • Under the Disk menu, select Use drive A:
    • Under the Disk menu, click Read Disk
      *Reading drive A:*
    • Under the File, choose Save As...
    • Type a file name (this can be anyting you want)
    • Next to Save as type: choose Compressed Image File (*.IMZ)
    • Remove your floppy disk from your computer

Here's how to create a floppy disk from an image (the opposite one from above):
    • Open you disk image by choosing Open from the File menu
    • Next to Files of type: choose All WinImage files (*.IM?,*.WLZ,*.EXE)
    • Find your image (double-click on drives/folders to get to it) and double-click on it
    • Under the Disk menu, select Use drive A:
    • Under the Disk menu, click Format and write disk
      *Formating and writting disk*
    • After it's done, remove your floppy disk from your computer

anon

go to bootdisk.com they have boot floppy images for just about everything