Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Messenger 5.0

Yvonne

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] I have been having the same problem with MSN messenger since I got MSN 8. Just about everytime I sign on, I have a message screen pop up that says, "MSN Messenger needs to close due to a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it gives me the option of sending an error report, not sending an error report, or debug. I have tried all three options. None of them have brought me any closer to solving this problem. I have been in contact with MSN Support 6 times, I have received 6 different solutions to this problem. None of them worked either. :angry: I like MSN but I am so frustrated I am tempted to use another internet service provider. Does anyone have a solution? If I remove Messenger 5.0, can I still use MSN 8? I NEED HELP. :unsure: :unsure:

Beta

Originally posted by Yvonne@Jan 13 2003, 04:57 AM
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] I have been having the same problem with MSN messenger since I got MSN 8. Just about everytime I sign on, I have a message screen pop up that says, "MSN Messenger needs to close due to a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it gives me the option of sending an error report, not sending an error report, or debug. I have tried all three options. None of them have brought me any closer to solving this problem. I have been in contact with MSN Support 6 times, I have received 6 different solutions to this problem. None of them worked either. :angry: I like MSN but I am so frustrated I am tempted to use another internet service provider. Does anyone have a solution? If I remove Messenger 5.0, can I still use MSN 8? I NEED HELP. :unsure: :unsure:
    You should still be able to use MSN 8 if you remove MSN Messenger 5.0. Just download an older version from OldVersion.com and install that.

Thanks for the info. I will try it. I hope it works...

Yes, you can still use msn after you uninstall messenger. I had similar problems myself. I had MSN messenger already installed when I installed the MSN internet software. One did not replace the other so I ended up having it installed twice. They would both open when I started up. :blink: