Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: FTP on LAN

Default FTP on LAN

Hi there.....

I am looking for FTP software enabled on LAN. coz I am depending on LAN. Name the ware that can be Used on LAN.

Default :)

any ftp ( server ) software can be used on a LAN, or you could just share folders or hole hard~drives and CD-Roms through your network settings.

Default Not Getting Properly

Quote Originally Posted by newmods
    any ftp ( server ) software can be used on a LAN, or you could just share folders or hole hard~drives and CD-Roms through your network settings.
    I am not well versed in English,......so excuse my mistakes.....!
    Actually I am in need of the software that can be run/operate on the LAN system. The software (LAN) which has Internet Options in which LAN Setting cab be availed, through this I can use it with help of IP Adress and Port. I hope Now U people can get better undertstand than my early POST.

Default :)

well, like i said before "any" ( that means all ) ftp server software will work on a LAN.
    now the question is..........do you want it to work just on the LAN ? or to use on the internet allso?

if you want it to work on the internet you have to see how your LAN is setup.
    if it has, for each computer a local IP like 192.168.*.* or 172.16.*.* then you could get a program called no-ip from
    Code:
    http://www.no-ip.com/
    and use it to link to your server.
    and ( or ) if you have a router A device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.
    Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets, and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts.
    ( like a Dlink or uplink ), you can configure it to see the local ip of the server.

If yu want to just use it on the LAN then install it and run it and when you want to connect just type in the address bar
    Code:
    ftp://192.168*.*/
    or what ever your local ip is and it will conect.........(put the link in your vaforites so you dont have to type it in all the time.)

by default all ftp programs run on port 21, you can change this if wanted....
    Last edited by newmods; 12-05-2005 at 08:16 PM. Reason: forget to post port info