Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default help info running programs on xp.

k again i don't know if this belongs here or not but here goes everything... i need to now how or where i can find out how i can run a windows 98 program (game) on windows exp.... i can instal the game but the required buffers are 0 but need to be at like 40 or something anyways could anyone help me out here please

Default :)

try this..............

find the game executable in the game folder, what ever it is it will end in .exe
    then right~click on it and go to the properties, then look at the 4 tabs at the top and choose compatibility. then put a check in the "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and ( on the right side of the white box ) you can choose wich operating system to run the game in. now you might have to allso have to put a check in the "run in 256 colors" if its a real old game. when done, click on the apply butten at the bottem right.....

hi again i tryed that.. k heres the problem i love this game wheni had win 98 and i haven't found ne games in the same format or played the same way yet . okay i tryed going into the exe fild to change the compatable with but only go'es as high as windows 2000 but not windows xp home.. you or anyo9ne else know of any other way to make it run in windows xp?

game x-om apocalypse
    trying to run in win xp home