Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This title will be added to the main archive shortly.

Edit: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=flashp

Enjoy!
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 04-16-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Gold

Default Macromedia Flash Player for Windows 95

Hi,
    I'm new here, in fact I'm new to the computer so if I mess up please forgive me! I was told about this site and now I would like a Macromedia Flash Player for Windows 95, it's 32 bit if that matters! Does anyone know which one of the ones here I need to download, or how I could tell? Also, what's the difference between the Flash and the Flash Player? ANY HELP WOULD BE TRULY APPRECIATED!!!!!

I believe that Macromedia Flash alone can refer to a commercially-sold tool (also available in a trial version) used to create Flash content, while Macromedia Flash Player can only read and play Flash files and is available as a free download. The latter is what you need.

I use Flash Player 7 (or at least the browser plugin thereof) on Windows 95 OSR2 with no problems.

Gold

Default Thanks a lot Andrew T!

I really appreciate the information, I downloaded it and I don't know if it works yet but I'm sure it will. There's something I want to see in a few days so you made me a very happy woman! I hope I'm answering this in the right place, I pretty much knew it wasn't "edit" and "quote" I didn't have any idea! Again thanks for the help, hope you can help me again when I need it!

Gold

Default Macromedia Player 7 Installed, What's Next Please?

Believe it or not I put in the Macromedia player 8! I know it should be 7, for Windows 95, I guess I just wasn't paying attention! Is that the end of it, what do I do with the rest of the files that come with it? I see 3 different Install places, one says Install Flash Player, another says: Install Flash Player _7_ solaris_sparce_ r53.tar and the last says: Install Flash Player _7_linux.tar? Am I suppose to do something with that and if so do you know which one? If I run one of the programs does that install the rest of the plug ins and everything else, or do I run everything seperately?
    I'm using the windows 95 on a COMPAQ PRESARIO COMPUTER.

Default Macromedia Flash Player 8

Since Adobe Flash Player 9 came out I think it's about time to update the Macromedia Flash Player page with a download for Macromedia Flash Player 8.

I wonder if there will have to a new section now that Adobe owns Macromedia now and will be coming out with the new versions..

[QUOTE=NickLindeman]Since Adobe Flash Player 9 came out I think it's about time to update the Macromedia Flash Player page with a download for Macromedia Flash Player 8.
    QUOTE]
    its about time is it,just arrived and your first ever post is a whinge,the site owners/admin do have a life apart from maintaining the site.

Quote Originally Posted by straight talker
    its about time is it,just arrived and your first ever post is a whinge,the site owners/admin do have a life apart from maintaining the site.
    I wasn't meaning it that way it was just putting a request for Macromedia Flash Player 8.

Nice quoting there buddy.

Please read the pinned topic on how to request.

As previously discussed in forum, old versions can be downloaded direct from Adobe.

Please search before posting and post in existing threads.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14266

comments about lack of updates etc of the main O.V.com can be made in the oldversion.com forum
    disscusion of hosted softwares in the programs forum.