Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Itunes help

Default Itunes help

Please help me before i throw my laptop out of a highrise building. I have Itunes on my computer and when ever i try to do something like start up the internet or get on AIM or open word or what ever, it will start to skip. (I recently sent this computer in to be serviced becasue the sound didnt work.) This. is. driving. me. INSANE.

thanks

-The Rabid Dog-

Administrator

please can you be more specific of what you mean by skipping ? do you have up to date virus software installed ? have you run any spyware checkers,you could have a virus but you will need to be more specific of what the problem is.
    simply me

Its not a viruse. For example when I start up my internet and I am listening to a song on Itunes it starts to skip. The song will skip parts of the song making it sketchy. All my viruse softwear is up to date and I run Norton every day.
    thanks
    -The Rabid Dog-

Administrator

hi mate,this could well be a lack of system resources,close down any apps you dont need running and try it again,you need antivirus but a classic hog of system resources is norton.use ,ctrl alt delete command and just close anything you dont need running to try it,if it cures your problem you could use msconfig to stop these apps running automaticallt when windows starts.
    simply me

When i went to Windows Task Manager I looked for norton.use under Prosesses and it wasnt there. I did notice that the System Idle Process was taking up 90-99 percent of the CPU. what does that mean? Can I end the process of the System Idle System? Also does setting the priority of Itunes on high help the computer focuse on Itunes?
    thanks
    -The Rabid Dog-

Administrator

setting itunes to high priority may help,system idle ,i think you mean system is waiting 90-99% of the time.click start go to run and type in msconfig ,click enter and then see under start up what actually runs automatically when windows starts (ie printers software etc etc) and uncheck anything that you do not need to run every time windows starts, click apply and then restart your laptop.this will reduce the amount of wasted system resources.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by -The Rabid Dog-
    I have Itunes on my computer and when ever i try to do something like start up the internet or get on AIM or open word or what ever, it will start to skip.g-
    As stated, it could be the resources. It can also be an issue with a couple items, such as a heavily fragmented disk, a slow hard drive, not enough physical RAM.

Check Itunes, to see if you can adjust any pre-cache, or buffers. If so, then adjust it alittle higher. I do not use Itunes, so I can not check this software.

You should, when asking any questions relating to performance, include your system specs, such as CPU speed, Ram amount, free disk space - if any, the OS version you are running. What other - if any applications are running in the background.