Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Aim

Default Aim

Theres a new version of AIM that recently came out called AIM Triton. Personally, I hate it, You can only choose from 6 crappy fonts, you cant have a background color and you have to use the Buddy Icons from AOL. So i was wondering if someone could get AIM 5.9 on here...I would give it to you but when i downloaded Triton (because i thought it would be better) it whiped out all my other AIM stuff. So putting AIM 5.9 on here might help a lot of people who really hate Triton, like myself. It was just a thought

sorry i couldnt help myself...

Gold

ya i hate aim triton as well. i thought it would be better but it isnt. i had to make a new sn and theres no option to let u load ur blist. you can go to download.com and search for aim and u should find version 5.9 on there. hope it helps

The best version of aim is 5.5.3598ca (I love it)

No crap,no games (No Viewpoint,etc.....) Just the best of what we know as AIM!!

It all goes to crap after 3598!! (And i always have thought Triton was crap)

Default I Really Hate AIM TRITON

For those of you who don't have AIM Triton, you are lucky. See AIM Triton is not much different than AIM Express(you know the thing you use to get on AIM during school) Well, Triton is AIM Express with probably 3 more features. I had it for 3 minutes before this and than a day before that.

To sum it all up IT IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BIGGEST PIECE OF GOAT ... PROGRAM!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!!! IF YOU HAVE AIM 5.9 TELL AN ADMIN OR SOMEONE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!
    Last edited by locustfurnace; 12-22-2005 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Language Clean-up

Default how to get 5.9 back

ok i had the same problem all you have to do (if you have windows) is go to the control panel and then go to add remove programs. Then u click on aim uninstaller check off AIM and THE other cause they are useless anyway and when it is finished go to aim.com and scroll the downloads down. Click on AIM WINDOWS 98/ME it will open up to a download page click where it says Upgrade. and just go through the instalation process I Have Windows XP but the 98 versioon still works fine for me... Hope this answers you problem and I also Think triton is goat ... ok bye
    Last edited by locustfurnace; 12-22-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Language Clean-up

Quote Originally Posted by Peteadora
    IT IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BIGGEST PIECE OF GOAT ... PROGRAM!!!!!
    Last edited by locustfurnace; 12-22-2005 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Language Clean-up

Default Aim 5.9

If anyone is interested, I have AIM 5.9. This is my first time here, and I am still trying to find out how to donate it and other old programs I have to oldversion.com.

If anyone can tell me how to donate it, I would be grateful; I would love to share my programs with you.

Femella
    Last edited by femella; 12-26-2005 at 03:12 AM.