Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Old_Bill

Could I please have any opinions on the best version to use in Windows XP.
    I also run Norton A/V + Personal Firewall so if a compatible version exists I would like to know.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Old_Bill.

mokopuna

Do a search on this site. There are sevral topics
    http://www.cdrfaq.org/

i got a problem to, I downloaded te latest verion of nero on oldversion.com. but It needs a serial number. how can i get that?

Grandma (moderator)

i got a problem to, I downloaded te latest verion of nero on oldversion.com. but It needs a serial number. how can i get that?
    You register and pay the fee and then you will get a serial number.

archvile

im pretty satisfied with 5.5.4.0, never really had any problems with it.(useing on windows xp)

archvile

doesnt look like its listed on your site tho, unless im going nuts

Steve 195527

I update to the newest version on the nero site and have not had a problem with any using WinXP but I haven't noticed any great improvemnt either!!(starting from version 5.0.3.5 that came with my CDRW)

CALM

I downloaded Nero from THIS site a few weeks ago and it is telling me I am expired and need a # too. That is after i had this happen before and uninstalled and reinstalled. Why is this happening? I can use the old puter today but really want this program on this puter.
    I did a search about this and read about paying or editing the registry. Would the regcleaner progams really work? I dont use warez but I do use freeware sometimes and dont know why I cant use this app??!
    Thanks! Chris

Super Moderator

Because you had a previous version installed. which was most likely a trial? or demo version. so by updating the program to the newest version, it just wipes out al your remaining trial time.
    you can edit the registry to remove all the nero entries, not too simple to do. another reason to backup before install apps. atleast you shoudl backup the registry. then you can always replace the registry to a state before you installed the newer/older verison.

all the NERO's on this site will be trial ware/ shareware, not full versions, so you are not going to get more time adding different versions ontop of previously installed ones.

I thought i had posted links for some FREE cd-r apps, i dont like Nero myself. Do to it's lack of supporting the ROMEO file format. I usually just use NTI CD Maker under Windows, or Gcombust under UNIX, supports the Rock-Ridge format.

supasoup11

Downloading Nero doesn't work. When I open the Nero Burning Rom, the program that actually lets you burn CDs, it asks for a serial number.