Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Default nero 6 free download

would like to say i have downloaded the latest nero and as usual from these sorts of sites it was a sheer waste of my time it needs a reg code ( surprise surprise ) why advertise free download if it aint FREE

Quote Originally Posted by lainie
    would like to say i have downloaded the latest nero and as usual from these sorts of sites it was a sheer waste of my time it needs a reg code ( surprise surprise ) why advertise free download if it aint FREE
    the download was free, the program isnt, this site deals with freeware ,shareware and demo software, you obviously know nothing about forums or you would of known to search before posting ,had you done so then you would of seen this asked and ansered many times before,if you do not want to pay for software then find a freeware alternative but please dont subject us to your whining because you thought you were going to get something for nothing and didnt.paying for things you want is not painful but acquiring them without doing so is illegal

OK so I downloaded a free trail version of nero and when I try to install it says I need a serial number before I can install nero

Now iv read alot of post saying that I need to pay for the serial number if thats the case then why is it called a free trail version if I have to pay for that

Also Iv read post that said that there are many freeware cd recorders here on this site but I can find any and when I do find links to them they dont work what I mean is pepole give links to them but when I click the link it says that I can not accsess this page

Maybe Im just missing something I dont know but any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    PEACE

Administrator

the reason the nero download asks for a serial number is most likely because the system you have has had a trial version installed before that has expired,.with regards to dead links unfortunately this does happen,they all work when added but obviously the site has no control of whether they become inactive afterwards,heres a couple of freeware titles on this page. http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html
    simply me

Super Moderator

Also, if you find a link for a freeware title in a thread and the link is dead. It would be appreciated if you made mention of this in the thread. This way someone could update the links.

It's likely those threads are old, check the dates when reading past posts. Information on the internet rapidly evolves. Sites which host freeware titles often go from a Free URL host to a paid host. Which changes the address.

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace
    Also, if you find a link for a freeware title in a thread and the link is dead. It would be appreciated if you made mention of this in the thread. This way someone could update the links.
    Alright here are a few dead links I found the first one is a link that you posted here http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showt...ware+recorders and the dead link is http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index...=ST&f=5&t=1557 and anther in the same thread http://web.syups.tp.edu.tw/resource/...-cd_pro_95.exe

Heres anther one again form one of your posts [url]CD Recording apps, freeware [previous thread][url] this post can be found here http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showt...Recording+apps

There are many others that I cant find now but the dead links may have something to do with the Server move that is in progress covered in this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3267 but I dont know all I know is if any one has any links to any working freware downloads I would appreciated it

Thanks
    Peace
    Last edited by User Name; 03-11-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Super Moderator

I should have made my post a little more clear.
    I meant if you found a dead link, to report that in the same thread the dead link appears.
    The first link you posted, works. I fixed the link to the first app.
    The following links you've posted do not link to any existing threads except for the last one.

One why to do some detective work on your own, and this is how we find the programs also, is by entering the filename of the program into a search engine and examining the links produced. Even when links in threads go dead, the filename is usually the best way to search for that file once again.

Thanks for the links they really helped me out

Well i downloaded the Nero Nero Ultra Edition 6.3.1.25 (28.9 MB) the thing is it was already on my computer when we brought this computer and we have always had it someone deleted it though so i came here but it says i need a code but when i got my computer it was already on here but i think my cousin deleted it when he was messing with it so how would i get a serial code and the company i have to pay for it again or buy the whole nero program ??