Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Jan 5 2004, 09:51 PM
    Sorry Locustfurnace you are probably right. If you had a legal app. and you wanted a s/n you would go to say google and type XXXXX + application name, but this could also work for an illegal source for serial numbers.
    If you had a legal app and wanted a serial number??? using that googled serial would be illegal.
    You dont pay for the software/application, what your paying for is the license to use the software. which usually amounts to a serial number.

The cash you pay for Microsoft Windows, is not to purchase the actual code, its the obtaining a license to run the software.
    Microsoft owns the software code and can restrict what you do with the code, you purchase the license to be able to install and run the software according to the EULA (End User License Agreement). so there really is no legal app, just legal serials (license) and illegal license's.

There are too many software license's to list here, some are free, some free with restrictions, some commerical. You can read the many types of license's here
    http://www.opensource.org/licenses/

Stake

Umm, i downloaded the latest version that this site has and it won't let me use it. It says i have to have a serial number, but when i type some numbers in, it still won't let me hit ok. Please help.

Super Moderator

Before you post a question, read through similar postings to see if your same question has already been asked & answered, as it has in this post
    So similar, almost same wording used.
    Originally posted by azripal@Nov 30 2003, 01:10 PM
    i downloaded the last version you can download of Nero burning rom from this website...but the prblem is that i have to give a serial number...well i don't have one....and if i type some number in the serial number it doesn't let me press "ok"...it doesn't lewt me use the demo version eather...what shall i do? help?!

10x(:
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1573

stake

That forum didn't help me any.

Super Moderator

If you cant get the Nero to work, this could be due to previously having an older version installed then uninstalled. which would expire any new trial periods.
    If you do not wish to buy a license, then you can try an alternative to Nero, such as NTI, or a number of different cd recording apps.

There does exists a few FREE cd recording apps.
    • BurnAtOnce
      FREE, burnatonce can master data and audio discs, read/write image files and copy on the fly. It's drag and drop interface has multi-language support and is fully compatible with XP themes. Multisession and bootable disc mastering is supported as well as long filename support using Joliet, Long Joliet and Rockridge. Extra long filename support is provided with the ISO9660:1999 and UDF filesystems.
    • CDrecord
    • CDRDAO
    • mkisofs
      The mkisofs tool is used for premastering iso9660 filesystems which are used on CDROMs.
    • DOSCDROAST Beta 2
      DOS CDR tools, loaded with alot of CDR tools CD-R.ecover v1.0, ISO2CD, easy-to-use tool to burn ISO image file to disc, CDTOOLS.EXE is a collection of miscellaneous CDROM tools that perform functions not covered by the other DOS utilities. CDDA64MB This program reads an audio CD track and converts it to normal quality MP3. CDERASE, CDCOPY.
    • Burn to the Brim
      is a utility which selects the group of files or directories (documents, mp3 files, whatever you like to burn) which optimally fills a cdr or other medium (or multiple CDRs/media).
    • CDBurner XP
      freeware CD/DVD-Writer program. The program can write CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs,
    • DeepBurner
      DeepBurner is a new CD/DVD burning software that utilize power and effeciency. With DeepBurner you can create data, bootable, and audio CDs as well as data DVDs. Friendly and intuitive user interface with drag-and-drop features helps in all aspects: starting from compilation of data and audio to be burn onto a CD/DVD till making and printing labels for the particular type of media storage.
    • XDuplicator
      is a free CDR program
    • FreeBurn
    • Burrrn
      FREE, Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets.
    • CDRecord same as above just on ftp site.
    • CDRecord-ProDVD
      Free, DVD branch to Cdrecord, on FTP site.
    • Burn to the Brim
      is a utility which selects the group of files or directories (documents, mp3 files, whatever you like to burn) which optimally fills a cdr or other medium (or multiple CDRs/media).
    • k3b (for *nix users)
      K3b is a CD and DVD burning application for Linux systems optimized for KDE. It provides a comfortable user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD. While the experienced user can take influence in all steps of the burning process the beginner may find comfort in the automatic settings and the reasonable K3b defaults which allow a quick start. The actual burning in K3b is done by the command line utilities cdrecord, cdrdao, and growisofs.

Shareware Titles

SteelPit

I need help! I downloaded Nero burning program and when I went to burn a cd it asked for a serial number it was version 6.0. If anyone has this number or knows where I can get it please let me know.

Thank you.

Administrator

to supply serial numbers is illegal, the nero burning rom software usually asks for a serial number after the trial period expires, after which if you wish to carry on using the software a serial number is acquired by purchasing the full version from the developers,please note this site deals with mainly old versions and freeware and shareware,
    simply me

Super Moderator

The 'No Electronic Theft' Act
    The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

If you do not wish you purchase a license for NERO, then you can use a free alternative CD Recording program.
    You can find a few Freeware titles on this thread
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry6158

simon yee

Hi ,I have this version of nero 3.0.2.0 I needd the serial no urgently

please reply to simonyee@myjaring.net

Sorry Simon

What you ask is illegal. OV isn't a crack/serial/patch site. It is a repository for old versions (hence the name) of programs. While we can and do help you to find the older copies of programs the buying of serials is up to you. If the members of OV were to start posting/emailing serials out, how long do you think it would be before this site was closed for Copyright violations?

If you seek a program do a search first, chances are it is already here somewhere. If not but you find requests for other versions of the same program add your request to the list.

If no topics are added for your request start your own. But please, don't ask for, or post serials/cracks/patches or the links to such here.