Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Did you have a previous version installed of NERO?
    Nero is not free, it is a shareware title, so it is possible the older versions did have a time limit to them, which would have expired, therefore forcing the need for a valid registration.
    you might want to try the newest version from their website. or try the NTI CD Maker
    [*]NTI CD MAKER
    http://www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=trialso...load_trial_main[*]NERO
    http://www.nero.com/us/neroue-prog.php

CALM

Had this same problem the other day. Never had Nero from anywhere else than this site so something is fishy. Found a NTI CDmaker disc and tried to copy a CD. NTI is CLEAR AS MUD AND ABOUT AS USEFUL. Nero worked well for what I wanted it for but I am SOL

Super Moderator

Originally posted by CALM@Nov 16 2003, 08:31 PM
    Had this same problem the other day. Never had Nero from anywhere else than this site so something is fishy. Found a NTI CDmaker disc and tried to copy a CD. NTI is CLEAR AS MUD AND ABOUT AS USEFUL. Nero worked well for what I wanted it for but I am SOL
    LOL clear as MUD? i have been using NTI in one form or another on a windows box for years, since the days of my 1x burner. I've never had any problems with it. or had any complaints from those who used it. It all depends on what you wanting to do with a burner, i only burn data, backups, and recovery data. maybe it does not do well on music. i dont know, never used it for music.
    With the layout of the older Neros, i did receive many complaints on its UI. Not sure on it today as i have not used it in months, or longer. I mostly now just use Gcombust, since i build alot of Rock-Ridge formatted Disks. Nero does not support the Romeo format, just Joliet, so your limited on filename lengths, while NTI supports ROMEO which will give you the ability to make filenames much longer and more understandable, 128 characters in filename.
    Ofcourse one could also go to the UDF format, which is supposed to support filenames up to 256 characters, but from all the complaints i seen on the NERO UDF, not one has yet be able to use the 256 characters in the filenames whle using NERO.

About the only thing i can think thats a plus with NERO is the ability to create the El Toritto formatted disks (bootable).
    I do not like Neros cute little iso image format, its not a true iso, as they made it into one of their own formats, so you need to use NERO to burn their formatted iso images, i want a program that can create a proper ISO image, if i plan to use that iso image as a loopback filesystem. and i never had a problem with NTI making a useable ISO image for such purposes.

CALM

I copy musics CDs to keep the original in the house and a copy in the car (so when the dogs walk on 'em, i dont care) and Netscape to keep a copy here and one at my parents cuz I am their computer guru-goddess ala KimKomando (LOL).
    When I open Nero it asks what I want to do and I tell it copy, then it tells me to insert the original disc and it copies it then it tells me to insert a blank disc. It writes to it and is done.
    I really dont know about file formats except JPEGs and havent even downloaded any music from the web! (but I did download Radio-Netscape radio and I LOOOOOVE IT&#33
    WHEN I tried NTI it just sat there and told me to select the cdrw and I did then it wouldnt do anything else, not copy the disc or anything! So I am gonna crank up the W98 puter and do it easily on Nero.! I was sent to Nero because of the ease of use and I wasnt steered wrong!
    Chris

Super Moderator

thats good. the reason the NTI sat there and did nothing is most likely due to that little fact that (windows) CD software, does not work on all CD burning hardware, so your CD Recorder must not have been one supported by NTI.
    When i bought my then new 24x burner, it came with NERO, and my NTI did what you say, sat and did nothing, so i had to wait til the newest title fro NTI came out and i bought it and used it.
    the file formats i spoke of, are not the same as JPEG. i am referring to the file format, such as the name. JPEG being a container format.
    but thats another story, and another subject : )

I personally prefer the command line cd burning titles. no muss no fuss, just type of out the commands and it works, i am not sure of any CLI titles for windows though.

KimKomando? LOL, never heard that one : )

CALM

And I did read the Help files in NTI but they werent what I was seeing in the program! So they didnt help me

Super Moderator

Originally posted by CALM@Nov 16 2003, 10:25 PM
    And I did read the Help files in NTI but they werent what I was seeing in the program! So they didnt help me
    hmmmm, never looked through the help files on NTI, did try on Nero, but then, they were mostly in german, and very incomplete.
    i guess it would depend on also what NTI software you were using, since they have several titles, from CD Buring, to Backup titles. or older or newer verisons.

CALM

You never heard of Kim Komando??! (well I never did either til a few months ago.) She has a call in radio program on Saturday a.m. and it is all about computers. Also has an email subscription you can sign up for. Her website is www.komando.com
    Thanks for the info about nti/nero. g'nite

Super Moderator

OH, that person... yea, i have heard of her, never heard the show though, for some reason when i was reading the post, i thought you were implying Kim Commando, such as a destroyer...LOL
    been watching too many Arnie movies i guess.

azripal

i downloaded the last version you can download of Nero burning rom from this website...but the prblem is that i have to give a serial number...well i don't have one....and if i type some number in the serial number it doesn't let me press "ok"...it doesn't lewt me use the demo version eather...what shall i do? help?!

10x(: