Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Release Candiate 2

Default help6

well i dont know cuz i had just down a complete reformat so nothing new was on the computer and the program that i had just installed doesnt run unless its in use.. its not like a spyware program or something that runs all the time

Beta

Ok lets roll back some dude, What was everything you have installed from this cd.

I would uninstall everything you install and go one step at time.

So you formated computer then get all the windows updates installed.

Gonna be awhile but worth it and alot of reboots.

Once you have got all windows updates computer right then install ad-ware and run full spyware scan, also install spyboat and run full scan.

Then install your yahoo messager if it works great, Then install these cd programs one at time shut down yahoo messager before you install, once installed start yahoo messager.

That way you see if it was that program you just install thats making yahoo messager not working right.

If everything from cd is install and you got all windows updates and you also run spyware scan all this from a fresh install of windows I can't see what the problem is.
    Last edited by Windows 98SE; 12-31-2006 at 02:18 AM.

Release Candiate 2

Default help7

so i had reformatted my computer last night and only installed internet security.. this morning i installed messenger 6.1922 and afterwards unhooked the internet.. i then started installing programs and tried messenger out after most of them.. there was a sequence of three cds that i didnt do that for [until the last one] and thats when i got the error thing.. the most annoying aspect out of all of this is that each time around i get the error after a different program.. this was travel cds that i didnt have last time.. last time i loaded them while messenger was open and it was ok [i think].. then i loaded my camera cd and directly after that while messenger had still been open i got the error popup.. im removing some of the last programs i just installed an it doesnt seem to be working.. everytime i remove something it asks for a restart and after that yahoo tries opening upon restart with the error message popping up of course..
    well i removed the last 4 programs i installed just to make sure it wasnt just one of the last three but still problems.. i even removed and reinstalled messenger and at least i didnt get the round of three popups but when i tried using it i got the error
    Last edited by tkaliforniaa; 12-31-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    Ok lets roll back some dude, What was everything you have installed from this cd.

I would uninstall everything you install and go one step at time.

So you formated computer then get all the windows updates installed.

Gonna be awhile but worth it and alot of reboots.

Once you have got all windows updates computer right then install ad-ware and run full spyware scan, also install spyboat and run full scan.

Then install your yahoo messager if it works great, Then install these cd programs one at time shut down yahoo messager before you install, once installed start yahoo messager.

That way you see if it was that program you just install thats making yahoo messager not working right.

If everything from cd is install and you got all windows updates and you also run spyware scan all this from a fresh install of windows I can't see what the problem is.
    why install adaware and spybot and do a full scan after installing windows and doing all the windows updates ? this is pointless,there is nothing wrong with running adaware and spybot if you use software such as filesharing programs as many are add supported but to install and run it on a clean install of windows is a waste of time and energy.the op needs to install and reboot one program at a time to eliminate possible program conflicts,to install more then at a time without testing first is also a waste of time,sometimes it can be baffling and hard to pinpoint a particular problem.
    simply me

Beta

That is never pointless and not waste of time.

I would like to know what have you been installing the names of these programs, WHats the OS you got again windows 98, Internet explorer 5, internet security is your firewall get updates to that also.

Your doing something so simple wrong it's right there, Let me Run VNC Viewer on you I'll check your system from here.

Need your ip address and also you to install VNC.

ALso yahoo id so we can chat while you watch me on your computer.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    That is never pointless and not waste of time.

I would like to know what have you been installing the names of these programs, WHats the OS you got again windows 98, Internet explorer 5, internet security is your firewall get updates to that also.

Your doing something so simple wrong it's right there, Let me Run VNC Viewer on you I'll check your system from here.

Need your ip address and also you to install VNC.

ALso yahoo id so we can chat while you watch me on your computer.
    now isnt that a great idea , giving a complete unknown your ip address and access to your pc ,considering you could be anybody and the op only has your word that you know what your talking about i think not.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

ok gaffer your attitude was uncalled for
    to recap what i did was reformat my computer because i dont have a cd that specifically installs windows.. i do that while not being connected to internet or having anything else that might run connected..
    and where in gods name did i ever mention adaware or anything like that.. i didnt.. i havent.. i only install those after all my cds are installed.. now someone suggested opening and closing 1922 which is what i did.. for some reason this batch of redos i wasnt able to install one program even though i havent used it lately [but you never know its when you dont have it that you want it].. so for now at least my problem is resolved and now to just fix the problems im having with firefox )
    thank you for whoever suggested the closing thing.. it was a great idea

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tkaliforniaa View Post
    ok gaffer your attitude was uncalled for
    to recap what i did was reformat my computer because i dont have a cd that specifically installs windows.. i do that while not being connected to internet or having anything else that might run connected..
    and where in gods name did i ever mention adaware or anything like that.. i didnt.. i havent.. i only install those after all my cds are installed.. now someone suggested opening and closing 1922 which is what i did.. for some reason this batch of redos i wasnt able to install one program even though i havent used it lately [but you never know its when you dont have it that you want it].. so for now at least my problem is resolved and now to just fix the problems im having with firefox )
    thank you for whoever suggested the closing thing.. it was a great idea
    tkal that wasnt attitude my friend,it is never a good idea to give anyone remote access to your pc unless you know exactly who they are and if they are capable of doing things right,mistakes are easily made,as far as mentioning adaware etc, you didnt,if you read carefully that was refering to a post by another member,at least your problem is resolved at least for the moment thats the important thing
    simply me

Beta

Loloololol

Default Same problem; different versions.

I was using the latest Yahoo messenger for ages. 8. something. Then it wouldn't connect. Someone told me to download ver 7.something (not the beta ver.) from here. Oh and to delete Yahoo 8. Which I did. But I cannot get it to download and install either using 'save to disk' or 'open'.

I've cleared my cookies folder and my temp folder.

Please help if you can. I'm lost without my Yahoo........................and stuck with that well known other messenger service!

Oh, my operating thingy is Windows 2000.

Thanx.