Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Release Candiate 2

Default part 2

well.. i come to this site and go directly to where i need to go without passing go and collecting $200 cuz i know exactly where what i want is.. so i click the link to download yahoo messenger 6.1922 [shorthand] and get directed to the following page like i should.. then rather than pulling down that menu thing for restricted files i just click the download button thing.. then it goes through the normal process of installing then right before the last screen that you click finish on a popup for ERROR ERROR comes up asking if i want to debug send report or not send report.. well of course i send the report then click finish.. and then i get the same exact popup from before so i send another error report.. then seeing how messenger just isnt going to work i go to add/remove and uninstall.. i click automatic of course then before the uninstall starts i get another of those popups so of course having no other choice i send the error report click close on the following 2 popups and the uninstall resumes.. each and every time i try installing yahoo messenger 6.1922 i get the same exact routine.. i keep hoping this time will be different but it never has been then i just click send report etc etc..
    now as for the other day.. i had reformatted my computer without problems and tried installing and had the same problems i just described.. so i decided to give a newer version a chance hoping it would be better but na.. never is.. so i uninstalled the latest version i got from yahoos main site then came back here and downloaded the version i wanted.. im not entirely sure if i had to do this just once or i tried a few times but either way it worked and i got yahoo 6.1922 on my computer.. now being the dumbass i am i didnt want any of the extra features yahoo 8 left me with so i reformatted my computer yet again and tried downloading 6.1922 and havent installed any other versions as of yet.. that should explain everything

Beta

Yahoo 7.5 works well, About the add-ons to the messager window you can always remove what you dont like there like example 360,games,weather,news.

Release Candiate 2

ok i dont have a problem with the extra tabs like games and news.. its the bullcrap like the telephone stuff and searching for a friends id when you can easily see all your friends on one screen.. sorry to be snooty but i just would like to figure out why i cant get yahoo 6.1922 installed

Beta

Well you got the yahoo messager united states verison, The canadian verison does not have the call rates things, Sooooo go download off the canadian site or if you want i can send it by email to you

Release Candiate 2

Default Help 3

thanks for the canada idea.. great country and all but i just want yahoo messenger 6.1922 and would like to know if anyone else is having the problems that i am or not.. maybe yahoo did something and disabled all past versions or maybe its my computer even though it has been reformatted and is 100% clean.. can someone try it out please

Administrator

dont usually,but ive just downloaded the version(yahoo messenger 6.1922) you mention and installed it to check the download and it all went fine installed and no problems whatsoever.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

Default help 4

HMMM.. so do you have any ideas on what could be causing this error thing to continuously [sp] popup.. it happens 3 times per try and its annoying as he**

Beta

Ok yahoo 7.5 and up are best you gonna get I believe since yahoo added some new stuff to there messager services.

Yahoo 6.0 to 7.5 I think are limited to yahoo server I guess so you gonna get errors I believe.

When you uninstall yahoo messager also delete the yahoo folder which is usually place in C:/program files. Then reinstall the yahoo messager, With toolbar or without.

Release Candiate 2

Default help 5

so after briefly talking with someone they advised me that there was a conflict between programs.. so i reformatted my computer yet again and only installed internet security then installed yahoo messenger 6,0,0,1922 without any problems.. after that i unhooked internet and started loading programs from cds that ive always used.. i finished up one cd then i got the same error report thing.. im wondering why now am i having a conflict between programs when i never did before.. i used to always load cds first then connect to internet.. so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas they would be really helpful

Administrator

if it is a conflict of programs then this will only apply to programs that are running,perhaps if it is programs that are conflicting and they are all programs that you have previously had installed,then you may have something that is now running on startup that never used to before,you could try stopping all your auto start programs when you log on to windows and then see if you still get the error if you want certain programs then to run auto you could enable them one by one until the error appears again that way you will find out if it is programs conflicting
    simply me