Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MGI PhotoSuite

Default Del Fuller is soooo right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Fuller View Post
    First you need to get hold of an MGI disc or a download. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the MGI setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! MGI is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, I’ve tried loads and I still think it’s a winner.
    Thanks so much Del I followed your directions and I too have my photo suite back. Love the program so easy to use. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    I too seek PhotoSuite
    Jsut upgraded from Windows 98 to Vista
    I was using MGI Photosuite 8.1
    I would really appreciate it if someone could let me how to get this and run it on my new machine.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Lakeside
    First you need to get hold of an MGI disc or a download. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the MGI setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! MGI is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, I’ve tried loads and I still think it’s a winner.

duplicating other posts to advertise a spam signature will get you Banned.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 03-18-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Default Wow! At last!

Thank you so much! I've been doing my nut trying to get my PhotosuiteIII to work on Windows 7. I do use other programs but each has its own strengths and weaknesses and I do find this version of PS better than any other.