Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Which Cad Package ?

Sorry to come on requesting before giving anything, but in need of help.
    Are there any CAD packages out there. I don't need the latest version with a 30 day trial, as I have college work to do for the next 2 years. Just a program that's really easy to use, and produces half dcent results with no time limits. Sounds easy, but I really don't know what I am looking for.
    Please help this old student. For once a student that isn't pleading poverty, just ignorance.
    Thanks for any feedback.

Administrator

http://www.allycad.com/freeware/AllyCAD_Downloads.asp may suit your needs hope it helps
    simply me

Default Which Cad Package ?

Hello all.
    I'm a newbie here but maybe I can help. I am a designer of tooling at my employment. I also hold titles for A+ and C++ certifications from Microsoft. I have a complete copy of Autocad 14 Lite if you are interested. This is the same software that I use at my employment. It has never failed.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoff
    Hello all.
    I'm a newbie here but maybe I can help. I am a designer of tooling at my employment. I also hold titles for A+ and C++ certifications from Microsoft. I have a complete copy of Autocad 14 Lite if you are interested. This is the same software that I use at my employment. It has never failed.

Please don't offer software to others on this board unless the software is either freeware or shareware. This is not a board to share full versions.

If you're just looking for basic drafting, the free programs listed above may be sufficient.....BUT....

If you're planning to be a professional engineer or a draftsman, the potential employers are going to favor someone who's qualified with the software that they use.

Different companies may use different software, but Autocad is currently the standard.

Autocad is NOT free.