Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Please tell me

Default Please tell me

I wanna to buy notebook, please give me advice to choose what better.
    Apple MacBook Pro (ZOEC002P1) vs Sony VAIO VGN-AR61ZRU
    Why you think about this notebook?
    Excuse if I was mistaken section.

Super Moderator

First have to decide what you want to do with the laptop. Is this going to be gaming laptop, business laptop used for travelling, writing a e-mail or 2 nothing more.

Considering these are diffeent systems. One, the Sony, runs Microsoft Windows, and the Macbook runs Apples OS X.

Which are you familiar with?

What programs do you plan to use, mostly Windows programs (then go with the Sony) or are you a regular with Mac software..

If you plan to use it for games, then you likely will be better served with the Sony, as there are far more games available for Microsoft Windows.

You you never used a Mac, then you might need to spend a good bit of time learning the new system, and is this something you are willing to do.

Without comparing prices, I will bet the Apple Macbook costs more than the Sony also.

So that begs the question, how much do you want to spend?

So you can see, can't really suggest a laptop for you, you need to decide what you need one to do for you, then ask which laptop someone's thinks will handle those things you want it for, better.