Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Babyabrowswer

aafuss

Igor, admins,

I have uploaded an older,superseded version of my own web browser, I coded myself, called BabyaBrowser-has it been looked at yet? The current one is Babya Discoverer v 3.0

Beta

Originally posted by aafuss@Jan 16 2003, 11:47 PM
    Igor, admins,

I have uploaded an older,superseded version of my own web browser, I coded myself, called BabyaBrowser-has it been looked at yet? The current one is Babya Discoverer v 3.0
    I use *cough* Internet Explorer v6.0 most of the time, but when I visit sites that have a ton of pop-ups etc. I use the Off By One Browser v3.4a.

How does your browser compare to Off By One? And where else can I get your browser aafuss so I can try it out?

Here is some info about Off By One if you want to know:

Reasons To Use The Off By One Browser:
    • You want an independent online/offline Web browser that loads and runs quickly and reliably on all Windows systems.
    • You need a secure browser that protects your identity when browsing and leaves no track of where you've been.
    • You prefer to browse the Web without pop-up, pop-over and pop-under advertising windows.
    • You need to distribute a lightweight, consistent browser that behaves identically on all Windows platforms.
    • You need a browser that can run directly from a floppy, CD, ZIP etc. without installation.

Off By One Browser Features:
    • Implements full HTML 3.2 support plus many HTML 4.0 extensions, including Frames.
    • Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support provided by optional OpenSSL libraries for secure navigation to https:// addresses.
    • Extras include image animation, WAV and AVI playback and the ability to automatically launch external applications for file types that are not supported internally.
    • Packaged in one self-contained 1.1MB application. Can be compressed down to about 400KB for distribution.
    • Completely self-contained, does not require the presence of any other browser.
    • Does not require any installation, browser can be run directly from a CD or over a network.
    • Has a unique Find-In-Files feature that can search the non-tag text of multiple HTML files.
    • Has a unique image zoom option.

Off By One Browser Limitations:
    • No JavaScript support (so no pop-up ad windows). <--- Actually a good thing, if you visit certian websites...
    • No applet, plug-in or Flash support. <---- Makes the browser super fast

P.S. You can get more small programs (a.k.a. Tiny Apps) at www.tinyapps.org

aafuss

Search for babya browser at fileforum.com. My browser is under 100kb compressed/and when extracted about less than 80kb. It is fast-a great new version has more features-now called discoverer. It is based on MS&#39;s vb internat control-which handles downloiads greeat. What do you think about &#39;Babya browser&#39;, Admins? Should a page be adfded for iot or not-homepage is: My website. It is freeware-so I give tthe permission top list it.