Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Server move in progress; please post problems

As soon as DNS is updated and propagates properly, you guys should all be transferred to our new server. There may be some problems in the process, but we are hoping for the best.

This move will allow us to expand our collection greatly and hopefully will be a bit faster for you all with less downtime.

The new platform and hardware may create problems and errors while we may have to tweak compatibility. Please post any errors and inconsistencies you encounter so that we may fix them.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 03-09-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

I couldn't get the "New Posts" button to work properly this morning. All that loaded was the logo and background.

I can still open, and reply to, individual topics...

Could this be related to the server move?

Administrator

that button is working ok for me
    simply me

Yeah, working fine for me.

OK, I got the "New Posts" button working by tweaking my security settings.

I have no idea why it worked on one server, and not on another, but my ZoneAlarm settings suddenly didn't like this function.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-11-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Interesting,
    i'm glad you got it to work.

-Patt

Thank you for your feedback so far. A problem I am noticing on my end is when I visit the site, I see on my browsers status bar: "Waiting for oldversion.com..." for a long while before it first resolves - then there is no problem unless I wait a long while again.

Is this an isolated incident or is anyone else having similar problems? Please let me know.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Thankfully its loading straight away for me for the most part Alex

Administrator

everything loading straight off for me,nothing slow or lagging,must be this high speed dial up i have,LOL
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by ABlix
    As soon as DNS is updated and propagates properly, you guys should all be transferred to our new server.
    well it takes new (actually old version lol) proxies to get here but here I am, sigh, though they seem to screen out all the new software titles on the main site?