Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox

What is Foxfire?
    What is the latest version?

Please read How To Request an App

We need more information then you provided to try and track down the program you want.

As you are not registered please add reply to this thread when you get this info.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Dickie@Oct 4 2004, 07:38 PM
    Something earlier than the latest release... please?
    Try reading the pinned topic as pun has pointed out, and follow the directions and search before posting. If you had, you would have seen this thread (yours was unnecessary and therefore merged.)
    Searching before posting is useful and in alot of the times, it turns up an answer and your not having to wait for a reply.
    Thats why the topic is pinned, it's not a decoration.

samuella

i think you guys should start a firefox old version page.

I've got 0.9, 1.0 PR and ver 1.0 if you want to add the page.

thanks,
    sam

MikeC

Does anyone want v 0.8? or should it be placed on an archive anywhere?

Super Moderator

I do not see any reason Firefox or any web browser should be archived at Oldversion, since there are already well established archive sites for these programs.
    Look up a few lines, you will see browsers.evolt. and a site from beanboy which already fulfill the need.
    Nothing wrong at all with oldversion hosting the file also, but I think the space and bandwidth could be better used for files not archived elsewhere.

seaweed

Ive just installed the latest version of Firefox v1.02 Almost all my extentions have gone including "add bookmark hear" "password generator" "full screen magnifier" and many others its also very slow.

I think the best version was v0.8 or v0.9 which by now had some good extentions i think v0.8 still has the most.

If FF is going to upgrade security looseing in the process our personal configeration, i might as well use Opera which has some good features but which fills the screen and is not at all user friendly

Would i be better off getting rid of FF and installing FF 0.8 (if i can find it) or just useing opera untill the extentions catch up??

Could MS be attacking FF just to make it up date, and so loose its great features?

MixingMaster3000

What is wrong with the new version, Firefox 1.0.2? What's so great about 0.9 or whatever? And you said you wanted 0.9 as you had 0.9.1 and didnt like it? Firefox has been updated as old versions let in spyware and viruses more than newer versions. They update programs for reasons. Also old versions of firefox have many bugs. What is your big objection to the new version? Anyway, there are alot of Firefox 0.9 on emule. www.emule-project.net

Super Moderator

Originally posted by MixingMaster3000@Mar 29 2005, 12:26 PM
    Anyway, there are alot of Firefox 0.9 on emule.
    That's one way to get your system infected with virii and spyware. Why would anyone get a program from a p2p network, when the developers do host the older versions.

If looking for older versions of Firefox, get it from the source.
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...refox/releases/

xxdesmus

I am hoping to come across old versions of this one

Originally posted by xxdesmus@May 7 2005, 11:35 PM
    I am hoping to come across old versions of this one
    you missed the pinned topic How to request an app, go on try again we dont bite ( much )