Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox

amingo

could u please put up more web browsers on this site prefferably mozzila and firefox

Super Moderator

Check here on this web browser archive
    http://browsers.evolt.org/

guest_Breaker

Don't know how useful old versions of Firefox will be,
    the older versions are just bloated, buggy and lack
    options.

I wiped my backups of version 0.1-0.4 because they didn't even
    support 5 button mouse browsing, meaning I had to click on icons
    all day to move around the net.

Super Moderator

5 buttons!? I had a 5 button mouse, and its sitting in the junk box, the mouse is not faster than the accelerator keys. Being someone who types out commands on the CLI for hours entering SQL statements, I find the mouse to be much slower, since I have to remove my hands from the keyboard and use the mouse and make movements, and click tiny buttons.
    No matter how useful the mouse is, the alt/control keys still offer more powerful options than the mouse.
    Good browsers, such as Konqureor, have the option to alter whatever key combos you prefer to whatever command you like.
    The mouse is fast, yes, but don't rule out an app just because it lacks 5 button (which is not the norm) support.

I can understand where you're coming from furnace, indeed a mouse isn't that useful if your on CLI's.
    For me, solely using a keyboard for website browsing I consider somewhat 'hardcore', the importance
    of 5 buttons on a mouse for internet browsing is I can go backwards, forwards and scroll webpages
    instaneously without moving the mouse pointer, in effect the traditional forward and backward a buttons
    and the scroll bar are no longer needed. A time saving feature I'm used to and miss if it's not available,
    even though my two hand typing speed is at minimum 60wps and single handed 40wps, used optimally
    it does save time under a GUI environment like common browsers, for me and would imagine other casual
    users maybe.

True 5 buttons isn't the norm, though nearly all manufacturers sell 5 button models for PC owners,
    I have 2/3 button mice and Wacom graphics tablets, I find the extra buttons
    very useful and allow me to do much more much faster in all my GUI applications, all without having to use
    icons or tricky key combinations, it takes less than half the time to click a mouse macro button than to use
    alt+ctlr combination or reach for an F key no matter how fast I reach for the keys, not moving my hand
    or finger at all I find faster and also less tricky.

For users who intend using Intellimouse features the first version that supports this is phoenix-0.5-win32.zip
    , thats version 0.5 of the Mozzila Firefox browser.

The reason originally I posted, was because I didn't think old versions of Firefox particularly fit undo the moto of things
    here, quite simply because they break the common trend common i.e 'newer version = much slower & massively bloated', because older versions of Firefox are actually more bloated than the newer versions.

happy happy

Super Moderator

I don't think there are even many 'old versions' of firefox. As the product would have been named Firebird for a while and previous to that, Phoenix. Are you including the previous builds as well when you state 'old versions of firefox"?

I was not meaning to imply using a mouse in a CLI app. Just when you spend more time typing out complex structures, whether it is SQL statements or coding, you find having to switch to a mouse for input very slow.
    I can go backwards to previous webpages via keyboard commands, alt, + <- (left arrow). I can scroll up by pressing the home key or down with the end key or switch runnings tasks very fast with the alt + tab. Closing those old pop-ups was as simply as hitting the Ctrl + W key.
    Sure they are harder to learn if you don&#39;t know and all you ever used was a mouse for input. And it does sot matter how fast a route is if your not familar with it.
    The fastest word editor I use is VI, no GUI to it. But its quick, and extremely powerful, but if you dont know the options for searching and replacing is :%s/oldword/newword or coping lines of text being YY and pasting being Shift+P its going to be extremely slow going for someone.
    5 button mouse are not the norm for the Windows Operating System. For X Windows, a 3 button mouse is crucial, and your going to be hindered in you do not use a 3 button mouse, But for Windows, a 2 button mouse is the norm, For Mac OS, its still 1 button.

phil-clo-h2o

I need version 0.9 of Firefox, I have 0.9.1 but I don&#39;t like it.

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.

Can check http://browsers.evolt.org/ or look on the Firefox servers

Dickie

Something earlier than the latest release... please?