Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: How did you get to OldVersion.com?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watching TechTV

2 2.70%
  • TechTV.com

3 4.05%
  • Search Engine (Google, AltaVista, Yahoo, MSN, etc)

29 39.19%
  • Magazine (describe below)

2 2.70%
  • Newspaper (describe below)

1 1.35%
  • From a friend

11 14.86%
  • Another website (describe below)

13 17.57%
  • I just typed w w w . o l d v e r s i o n . c o m, not knowing where it would take me and got here

3 4.05%
  • I dunno

5 6.76%
  • Other/Not listed (describe below)

5 6.76%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Drumbo

someone was talking good stuff about it on the Aston shell forum site
    www.astonshell.com/forum

TheBulbasaurfreak

I'm glad I found this site!

Sayonaraa.

When i was a 1337 h4xx0r in another swedish forum B)

David

was looking for kazaa lite ++ and this was the first website that had it. Then i got an old winamp coz the knew are fudge

TheBulbasaurfreak

What do u mean?

Salopette

I was using Kazaa Hack and it said to me that if I wanted to download an older version of Kazaa to go to a site called OldVersion.com

I needed an older version of ACDSee v 2.43 (Also known as Classic). At the time I was running a 486 and the newest version at the time wouldn't install and kept crashing my computer. But I had ACDSee 2.43 earlier before a crash wiped out the program. One of the searches for this program I found listed www.oldversion.com A lucky find at the time. Not only did you have the viewer I knew worked on my 486 you had a ton of older programs that the dinosaur could run.

Every time I upgrade I save my favourites to a floppy and take OV along into my next machine.

I have found I hate the ATX boards so the best I've found in the AT is a board that run a P II AMD K6-2 450 with 384 RAM. One day I might have to upgrade to an ATX power supply but for now I like what I have. So old versions still comes in handy even today.

As for why I hate the ATX, a bad power supply kept glitching at the wrong times totally shutting down my computer, wiping out what I was working on. A few hours of that and I sent that JUNK back to the shop. As the old 486 AT supply never gave me any trouble I went back to that style. And yes, I've heard the arguement before, "It was just 1 bad power supply. No reason no to give another ATX computer a chance." Once bitten, Twice shy. So long as what I have will do what I need I'm content. But I think the disappearance of the serial mouse might force me to upgrade unless I find a good PS-2 adaptor card.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by pun@Feb 15 2004, 06:09 PM
    ..... But I think the disappearance of the serial mouse might force me to upgrade unless I find a good PS-2 adaptor card.
    As for why I hate the ATX, a bad power supply kept glitching at the wrong times totally shutting down my computer, wiping out what I was working on.
    There are ps/2 to serial adapter plugs, you plug the ps/2 mouse into it, then plug that into your serial port. No need for a card.
    As for the power supply glitching - most likely could have been an under-powered supply, dont waste the money on anything less than 300 watts.
    ATX do have some bad "improvements," such as no way to turn em on when they are not hooked up to a M/B. Which makes testing M/B's alittle inconvenient at times. as you basically have to stuff them into a case now to test them if your not carrying along jumper wires.

demented

Someone had posted it on a board.

6sentido

Just searching in google for KazaaLite