Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa

Default Kazaa

when i click to download the old versain 2.5 pn kazaa it said it should start auto, and it didnt and then i clicked download here button and it brought me to the kazaa lite which is not the same thing and costs money to use, so why am i not getting the old versain of just plain kazaa???

Im sorry but Kazaa has been removed from this site (Was removed a few years ago).......

Welcome ashore...Take care
    Last edited by The Dude; 04-28-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InjenGTR
    when i click to download the old versain 2.5 pn kazaa it said it should start auto, and it didnt and then i clicked download here button and it brought me to the kazaa lite which is not the same thing and costs money to use, so why am i not getting the old versain of just plain kazaa???:confused: :mad:
    Yes, it is perhaps a uniquely dissapointingly deceptive redirection on the part oldversion.com's main site while all the information is available on the download page it is perhaps lost in a comparatively effusive program description/history there also may be a lost asterix somewhere.

Ironically, in 2004 - Sharman Networks forced our hosting provider to have us take down our downloads. More information is available here.
    http://www.oldversion.com/sharman.php

Current Version - 3.0*
    *The Official KaZaA versions are not available. You will be redirected to download K-Lite Pro from our affiliate.

I have taken the liberty of adjusting the text to the minimum of how I would prefer it.

Old Versions Available of Kazaa to Download:*

Kazaa 1.5.1 (3.1 MB)
    Kazaa 1.7.1 (2.0 MB)
    Kazaa 1.7.2 (3.7 MB)
    Kazaa 2.0.0 (4.7 MB)
    Kazaa 2.0.1 (4.7 MB)
    Kazaa 2.0.2 (4.4 MB)
    Kazaa 2.1.0 (3.9 MB)
    Kazaa 2.1.1 (3.9 MB)
    Kazaa 2.5 (5.7 MB)
    Kazaa 2.5.1 (5.7 MB)
    *The Official KaZaA versions are not available. You will be redirected to download K-Lite Pro from our affiliate.
    Last edited by Goslow; 12-29-2006 at 07:08 AM.

Thank you, I will forward that to our site administrator so he can make the appropriate changes.

I apologize if anyone feels this is a deceptive move on our part. This advertisement helps us pay for our hosting bills. The PHP system will be required to be redone just a little bit in order for the asterick to be allowed to appear like that and I will make sure that is going to proceed into development.

Thank you for noting your concerns, GoSlow.

For now, I have underlined and bolded the asterick. Hopefully this will clear up further confusion for the time being.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 04-29-2006 at 01:52 PM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Thanks Ablix ,as much transparency as possible is an improvement.

Redirection is the bane of a seeker and is a bit of a sore point.

The kazza page I guess is an attempt to salvage something out of a bad situation, however to be perceived to be profiting from the removal of artifacts from an archive is perhaps counter productive especially when other "no strings attached" funding is turned away.

I have no problem with earning money via advertising,merely the method of the push.

Yes its too bad that they gave us so many problems here,its good knowing they will still pay for advertising

Im glad no other S/W company complains though (ALOT OF GOOD TITLES!!)

Thank you alex
    Last edited by The Dude; 09-04-2007 at 08:19 AM.

i'd steer clear of ANY Kazaa. Bad news..

Default broken link

Quote Originally Posted by Goslow View Post
    Warning: main(z1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oldver/public_html/sharman.php on line 3

Beta

Kazaa was never good too much spyware on it, If I where u switch to something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    Kazaa was never good too much spyware on it, If I where u switch to something better.
    There's always KLR 8 (Kazaa Lite Resurrection) or a bit older KazaaLite K++ and a few other versions that are spyware free Problem is people in the States (& maybe elsewhere) get actually traced through the servers and sued if sharing copyright materials :| But suppose it happens with most file sharing programs, except maybe Torrents ..
    Last edited by nimd4; 08-13-2006 at 03:07 AM.