Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default Conversion to *.vob and DVD video

Does anybody know how to convert *.avi , *.dat and other video files to dvd-video, or *.vob. i tried out a cucusoft convertor, but its really really slow. If i choose the faster option then the quality of conversion is really pathetic & its stiil very slow. For example if i have 2 convert a 1hr video file, it takes more than 45 mins to convert it. Please help.....

Administrator

unfortunately converting does take time,there are other titles available but not much difference in times really,i have used some of the so called quicker ones but did seem to get more errors,obviously a lot of speed issues depend on the spec of your pc and not the software.
    simply me

Super Moderator

As stated, video compression takes times. This is not a simple task, such as compressing a wav to mp3 file. With video, you have to compress the audio and the video portion.
    Consider how long it would take to compress 1 hour of audio. Then realize that video frames are really nothing more than pictures. Usually there are about 30 images per second, which means about 1,800 images per minute. Roughly 108,000 images per hour of footage.
    Thats alot of calculations and computing power being consumed.
    Now depending on the quality you chose, the more calculations performed per image.
    Then add in the time mentioned to compress the audio.

The best way to improve your time would be to add more RAM, faster hard drives and more CPU cycles. Or find a good hardware encoder add-on card.