Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Winfax V8

Carl Stone

:unsure: I can remember before my divorce (in 1999) I was able to use my home computer as a speaker
    phone when calling friends and relatives, ussually when I would take a break from surfing.

The software I was using was an older version of Winfax pro that had an answering machine type
    interface that could be used as a speakerphone on the desktop using the computer's sound card and
    microphone. The answering machine part was configurable with several different voicemail boxes and
    it also allowed you to choose your own .wav or mp3 file selections to play as "music on hold".

When I went through my divorce, my ex-wife got everything... including the computer and most of the
    software... it was a real bummer to say the least. Now that I have gotten another PC and starting to rebuild
    my arsenal of software and utilities... I miss the ability to call up friends and collegues while working on the
    computer. I heard about Bell Labs exercising their patent, that is why it is so hard to find telephony
    software for voice communication. But I heard through the grape vine that the older versions of
    programs like WinFAX that had voice communication features still work and can be used.

I am on a quest to find a copy of WinFax V8 that is'nt going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Sincerely,

Carl Stone

aafuss

Sorry, Winfax ius still under copyright leglisation-the only way to buit it is at ebay or a old software swap/store place

Beta

He's looking for Winfax V8, not CallCenter.

aafuss

As Isaid before, we can't put WinFax v 8 is it's still copyrighted-just like with we can't have older vers. of windows in the site-becauase it's still copyrightd by makers-so it's not legal to distribuate Winfax v 8 heree-you'll have to try ebay or a computer swap meet (like one of the computer faies you might have in youerr town) or klook in yir newspaper-someone might gave winfax v8 advertised in the computer claaified. Try contactibg Symantec (the makers) to see if they can direct to where you can get v 8.

Beta

Originally posted by aafuss@Jan 22 2003, 03:48 PM
    As Isaid before, we can't put WinFax v 8 is it's still copyrighted-just like with we can't have older vers. of windows in the site-becauase it's still copyrightd by makers-so it's not legal to distribuate Winfax v 8 heree-you'll have to try ebay or a computer swap meet (like one of the computer faies you might have in youerr town) or klook in yir newspaper-someone might gave winfax v8 advertised in the computer claaified. Try contactibg Symantec (the makers) to see if they can direct to where you can get v 8.
    Oh :wacko: