Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default I know of several I would like to see here.

I know of several programs that are good but are no longer being supported. I recommend them all the time. I use your site for Everest Home on a regular basis.

LeechFTP 1.3
    While this program works with XP it really shines with 95/98/ME. It is simple straight foward FTP client the uses little resources. It has not been updated since 1999 and I fear it may disappear form lack of intrest.

Digital Dolly 1.0
    This is a drive utility similar to Partition Magic. It has a dozen or so utilities including FORMAT, drive image, partition manager, S.M.A.R.T. Drive, Wipe utility (Quick DoD and Gutman Wipes),and several more. It boots to a simple GUI based on Red Hat and requires no OS to function. It is simple and straight forward.

iProtectYou
    This is a full featured parential control program. It can control access to websites and times on the net. It is stand alone and does not require a browser to function. Once installed it cannot be defeated by installing another browsr.

Core Control
    This program will allow windows 9x/ME to be secured similar to XP. It will block drives, block the installation of software, Ctrl+Alt+Del, and many other features.
    It does not Support NT/2000/XP.
    Last edited by acklan; 05-24-2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typos