Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    No Name

If you have an aol cd lying around, you can get Internet Explorer 5 from it (Version 8 or 9 of the aol cd).

The folder that contains it is hidden on the version 9 so you have to enable 'View all files' under your folder options

ajpayne

Needed:
    Internet explorer suitable for windows95, on floppy diskettes
    site: www.microsoft.com
    Any version is acceptable, if suitable for win95, and on floppies

If you had searched the forum, you would have found browsers.evolt.org, with many old versions of browsers including Internet Explorer. It apperrs that Internet Explorer 2.0 (1.14 MB) will fit on a floppy disk.

Super Moderator

ANY files you want will 'fit' on a floppy. If you want IE 5.5, you can stick it on a floppy. Just zip up the whole folder for whichever browser you want. Then use a file splitting program such as hjsplit, (a free program), split the files at 1.40megs.
    Then copy the split files to floppy, and rejoin them once you have copied them over to the system you want to install the program on.
    Even better is to use a program such as FileMaven, which works across the serial ports to file share the systems. You can find a link for Filemaven (a free program) in a previous thread here.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...83&hl=filemaven

a chinese web disigner

where can i download Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0(i only have windows 98 se and windows 95 osr 2.1&#33and netscape 4(i'm a netscape fans&#33
    thank you!

Super Moderator

This request has been asked many _many_ times, please take the time to search before posting a request.
    You can download older versions of web browsers at http://browsers.evolt.org/

As far as running IE on win98se, I presently run IE 6 on Win98se without a problem.
    There are also many other threads which list alternative browsers, which I currently use http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/ which is much safer/better to run than IE.

Owned

HAHAHAHA

Netscape4 bites!!! It uses JSS which current netscape versions no longer use...

Get the most current web-browser you can, NS4 does not support CSS...

Pages that use CSS (like my own: drop.blazted.com) will not look right at all. h34r:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Owned@Jul 6 2004, 08:18 PM
    Pages that use CSS (like my own: drop.blazted.com) will not look right at all. h34r:
    I define my own CSS when viewing any webpage. So even if the browser does support CSS, I would not see your web page as designed anyhow.
    Most of the times i just stick to ignoring all layouts.
    When I use a text-only browser, it ignores css anyway.
    Most web designers should build their pages so that there is ALT text as well as graphics too. As not everyone cares about the presentation of webpages.

CM

http://sillydog.org/narchive/
    Has all of the available Netscape browsers! :lol:

rygetz

does anyone have an install file for MS Internet Explorer 4 or 5? thanks!