Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    djamyx

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]djamyx@hotmail.com
    I'm running Windows 95 (it's old I know...) and I had MSN Messenger 4.5 for about a week. Then it started giving me an error saying that I was having network problems or something gay like that...and if I tried to close MSN...the program MSMGS would stop responding. It wouldn't allow me to send any messages and the MSN tech support sucked...imagine that...any help?!?!....(I don't have a firewall&#33 :angry: :blink:

Beta

You probably have the Internet Explorer that came with your computer (Internet Explorer 3.0.) Download Internet Explorer 5.5 from the Microsoft website. (5.5 is the current version that will work with Windows 95. This should solve your problem.

djamyx

I have internet explorer 5.5.....any other suggestions...

djamyx

:angry: :angry: Ok...MSN gave me the message "Newer version available" so I upgraded to Version 4.6 (the newest for Win 95)...it lets me sign in...it'll let me check my email...but it wont allow me to change my screen name...or send messages....or unblock people....stuff like that....when I try to talk to the people...I get this message....

(their name) is having network problems and is no longer in the conversation. The last few messages may not have been received.

Any answers??

Beta

Does the other person running Windows 95 and not running Internet Explorer 5.5?

djamyx

It does it with all of my contacts...not just one! :blink: Where to now?...MSN Tech support sucks...of course

Beta

Originally posted by djamyx@Jan 23 2003, 10:07 PM
    Where to now?...MSN Tech support sucks...of course
    What are you, nuts?
    Microsoft (including MSN, etc.) does not support Windows 95 (phone support). They'll only support Windows 98 and above.

djamyx

Check again....the tech support site has support for Windows 95...go to this page...first choose MSN Messenger for the product....and in the field where you can choose an OS....Windows 95 is an option....they do support Windows 95....it's just not any help...because it sucks! B)

djamyx

djamyx

http://messenger.msn.com/support/contactus.asp sorry....there's a hyperlink...