Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ventrilo

rid

Default Ventrilo

If you'd like to grab both the windows and linux 2.1.2 servers that support the 2.1.4 client you have posted, grab them from here:

http://www.clandoom.com/files/ventrilo/v2....gayness/server/

(After these versions the writers of ventrilo got greedy and went to a pay license and limited connections, etc. In other words, they totally screwed up a great free proggie with greed.)

Super Moderator

What is the program your dropping links for?
    If you want to share a find, atleast explain what the program is. I dont want to have to download it, install it, to find out i have no use for it.
    Just drop a small description for others to read. that would make your find even better.
    When i try looking up the programs name on the net, it returns a webpage stating.
    Ventrilo is a scalable Voice over IP (VoIP) communications system that solves a lot of the problems associated with network latency, packet loss, uptime and administration.

laxinboi37

i havent checked the link, but according to the post it is a link to ventrilo 2.1.. curent version is 2.2
    2.2 has many new features but is just not desired by many gamers and professional business users
    2.1 is still a favorite and many server companies just offer 2.1 instead of 2.2 servers

Heamish

Program Name: Ventrillo Server for FreeBSD
    Current version:2.2.0
    Desired versions:2.1.?
    Description:FreeBSD Ventrillo Server

Anyone out there have the FreeBSD version of Vent Server. Im not totally sure of the version, but it would be the last release prior to to the 2.2.0 debacle. If someone can provide a link...it would be most appreciated.

Heamish

Super Moderator

What exactly is it? The website is no longer around, or your posted site is incorrect. Even searching for the name returns limited and useless hits.
    Description should be alittle bit informative. I run FreeBSD, so it is possible i might have it on a archival CD, but since i have never used this, I have no idea what sort of server it is, since just about all the daemon's can be servers. Is it a web server? if so, then why not just use Apache. A file server? then use NFS, or Samba, an e-mail server, then use sendmail, postfix. SSH server? What is it serving?

Corrections, you mispelt the website. that makes a difference.
    http://ventrilo.com
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=ventrilo

Link untested and not verified. copy n paste links, problems adding hyperlinks

"ftp://ftp.grolier.fr/pub/games/utils/ventrilo/server/ventrilo_srv-2[1].1.0-FreeBSD-i386.tar.gz"
    FreeBSD
    "ftp://ftp.grolier.fr/pub/games/utils/ventrilo/server/ventrilo_srv-2[1].1.0-Linux-i386.tar.gz"
    Linux 2.2.0 version
    http://www.imperiet.org/upload/files/ventr...nux-i386.tar.gz
    Linux version, use Linux binary emulation on FreeBSD to run.
    "ftp://ftp.grolier.fr/pub/games/utils/ventrilo/server/ventrilo_srv-2[1].1.0-NetBSD-i386.tar.gz"
    NetBSD version
    Windows 2.1.3 version
    ftp://ftp.luth.se/pub/misc/vets/ventrilo_2.1.3.exe
    Windows 2.0 version
    ftp://ftp.luth.se/pub/misc/bf1942/tools/v...ventrilo2.0.exe
    Windows 2.1.4 version
    http://www.imperiet.org/upload/files/ventr...indows-i386.exe

Problems with adding the links due to the useage of brackets in the url conflicting with IBB code.

Sorry I misspelled the website it should read www.ventrilo.com

Ventrilo is a VoIP program that allows voice communication in real time. If you dont know what it is, odds are good that you wont have a copy. Unfortunately ventrilo has released a new version 2.20 which limits concurrent users to 8, unless you are a large hosting company that has access to a license. Older version being freeware hosted as many users as you wanted. Its a very popular application in the gaming world...I would think someone is hosting a server based on freeBSD somewhere that should have the older version.

Heamish

Heamish

Tried the links...unfortunately while being valid are not anonymous ftp sites. ANy other options?

Heamish

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Heamish@May 24 2004, 04:19 PM
    If you dont know what it is, odds are good that you wont have a copy.
    Tried the links...unfortunately while being valid are not anonymous ftp sites. ANy other options?
    Take the filename of the program you want, and search based on the filename thats all I do.
    Just because I don't rem what I have used in the past does not mean I dont have it on a backup, since I've run around 50 - 100 various OS from time to time, it might have been something I had downloaded, since I've been at this a long long time. Most of the times i find something interesting, and download it, but never have the time to test it.
    Can you use GnomeMeeting inplace of Ventrilo?

Heamish

Gnomemeeting looks more like IP Telephony stuff. Ventrillo is more of a chat program where users connect to the server and have an "always on" connection. Trick is Im trying to run this off a webserver running freeBSD and since its on a hosting service its the only option I have available. Part of what complicates the matter is I have absolutely ZERO knowledge about freeBSD. Thanks for the suggestion about gnomemeeting though locust.

Heamish

Originally posted by locustfurnace+ May 24 2004, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ May 24 2004, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Description should be alittle bit informative.[/b]
    In my own case it may also keep me interested enough to look for the file in between trips to the mailbox checking for that cheque as previously discussed.

<!--QuoteBegin--thehelpfiles

Starting with version 2.0.0 Ventrilo is no longer free.[/quote]basically free for noncommercial use though may have some running time limitations there is conflicting info on the subject.
    I would welcome any feedback on the limitation issue if you use the supplied links

basically theives who didnt honor the licensing forced that "debacle", suprising isnt it&#33;

Ventrilo v2.1.0 Server FreeBSD i386

Ventrilo v2.1.2 Server FreeBSD i386