Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Gold

Default Help finding AOL versions needed

I have noticed that a few posts were requesting similar AOL versions that I am looking for. But the links offered did not get me what I am needing. I have been using AOL 9.0 SE for quite some time until my software went bad, so to speak. After being told by AOL Tech to uninstall everything I was then given the 9.0 VR which I hate. It does not work with Windows XP. For now I am using the 9.0 Optimized which is ok, but I have a lot of saved files on AOL and with this Optimized version I can not categorize my saved files. So my question is whether there is a version of the 9.0 Optimized that allows you to categorize saved files on AOL, and if not, where can I find 9.0 Security Edition? I was happy with my software before I was forced to upgrade to VR. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Release Candiate 1

Quote Originally Posted by TXmommy View Post
    I have noticed that a few posts were requesting similar AOL versions that I am looking for. But the links offered did not get me what I am needing. I have been using AOL 9.0 SE for quite some time until my software went bad, so to speak. After being told by AOL Tech to uninstall everything I was then given the 9.0 VR which I hate. It does not work with Windows XP. For now I am using the 9.0 Optimized which is ok, but I have a lot of saved files on AOL and with this Optimized version I can not categorize my saved files. So my question is whether there is a version of the 9.0 Optimized that allows you to categorize saved files on AOL, and if not, where can I find 9.0 Security Edition? I was happy with my software before I was forced to upgrade to VR. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    TXmommy, Old Version has has AOL 9 Security Edition on its FTP site since
    April 8, 2007, I uploaed it on Easter Sunday and I informed Ablix at least
    twice, but it has never been posted on the download site. See Below"

See My two post on this subject posted 4-5-2007 and 4-8-2007

so this is a request for those:
    AOL v9.0
    AOL v9.0 Optimized
    AOL v9.0 Optimized SE

I uploaded AOL 9 Optimized today to OV and hopefully that will post it
    for download in a couple of days. I will attempt to upload AOL 9 SE,
    if i get some indication that they have room and will post more than
    one versiion of AOL 9 but I will not be able to do that until this
    (Easter) Sunday .

LRI41

04-08-2007, 08:33 PM #58
    LRI41
    Release Candiate 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go ahead and upload all the other versions and I'll be sure to post them whenever I have the chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by ABlix : 04-06-2007 at 06:48 AM.

I uploaded AOL 0 Security Edition to the FTP Site a couple of hours ago.
    No need to respond.

Default America Online Version 8.0 PLUS

Does anybody have this version: American Online 8.0 Plus? I can find all my old AOL disks except that one. This one works well with Broadband/Lan and gives you the SPAM Folder in your mailbox which 8.0 regular version does not.

I checked the old versions available here and that PLUS one is missing. Please save me from having to purchase an 8.0 plus disk on ebay.
    I should mention this is the USA version of the AOL software.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RebeccaRose; 12-20-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Release Candiate 1

Are you positive that the AOL 8 Version that is on this site will not do.
    I believe that I uploaded it and it should be the latest version. anyway,
    if you have any of the AOL 9 Disks, if you OPen them up, they
    contain at least two or three earlier versiions of AOL. All AOL Disks
    carry earlier versions.

IN Win 2000, Me and XP, select Tools-Folders-Folder Options
    View, check “Show hidden files and folders” under “Hidden Files” and click OK.

Then to install a version of AOL, find its folder and double click on the setup
    Program incon in that folder. THE CD will contain at least four versions of AOL..

Release Candiate 2

Use an FTP program and FTP into ftp.aol.com. Use anonymous as the username and your AOL email address as the password. You should be able to navigate some of the directories and download older versions of their software.

Just tried it, works.

I use Filezilla for ftp