Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Help!! Auto Insurance

Hi Good day!

I have been surfing the net for a good car insurance, i came into www.insurancepaylite.com has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on these?

thanks in advance.

Administrator

nothing wrong with searching for car insurance online, my whole family do it that way no worries.i actually here in uk just recently renewed mine and saved over £100 by searching for quotes online,as far as effectiveness any quote system is only as accurate as the answers given.for a start i used www.confused.com
    simply me

Default Help!! Im looking for a car Insurance..

Good day,

Guys my car insurance will due this comming end of the month..any recommendations on what insurance to go through and what are you paying? i've checked on http://www.Oneshopinsurance.com and i was given quotes from different insurance company. the cost was ok, but i want to know if there are any more out there who could give out something more affordable. thank you so much.

You can often get a significant discount by using the same carrier you use for other insurance. If you have your homeowners policy, umbrella policy, & etc, with the same carrier, some companies may offer a 5% to 10% discount on each policy. More if you've been using the same company for the long term.

Look at the big picture, although the auto premium may be a little higher, it's possible that discounts on several policies may actually save you money.

Since they want to keep your business on homeowners & etc, they'll be less likely to cancel your auto policy if you have an accident(s), ticket(s), or have other risk factors.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Personal experience: Travelers offers discounts as decsribed above. They even "forgot" to raise my rates after a minor at-fault accident. I'm sure many other carriers have similar policies/practices.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-12-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Super Moderator

Did you look at the bottom of this thread at the "Similar threads" hit?

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    Did you look at the bottom of this thread at the "Similar threads" hit?
    Yes, I noticed that both of his posts are on the same subject and include the same link. His sig appears to be spam for other commercial sites.

I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, and treat it like a serious post, because I thought I had some advice that could possibly benefit someone shopping for insurance.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-14-2006 at 05:26 AM.

Hi,

The key to saving money on insurance is to shop around and get as many quotes as possible. This is especially true when purchasing auto insurance. I recently read one article that insurance rates for the exact same coverage can vary several hundred dollars. Consumer activist Clark Howard suggests shopping at least ten insurance companies before purchasing. There are some great resources online to make this process easier.

Get a quote from a broker - brokers provide a good service in that they try to get you a competitive quote and get a small commission in return.

Administrator

looks like another one with the same/similar link in the signature.
    simply me

Beta

Spamvertisers

Super Moderator

Default Closed

As this thread apparently is nothing but SPAM, it is now closed