Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Making Your PC faster.

My friend says his laptop has been slow and i told him i could make it faster. Any suggestions on stuff that i can do to help him out ?

Not nearly enough information, for anyone to help with tweaks...

But if he/she means "slower than in the past", the first step would be to run a virus scan and an adware/spyware scan.

I don't mean to spam for another forum, but FreedomList has some excellent spyware experts who can help if you have trouble getting rid of something.

See: http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17328
    Start a new topic, and see if you can get "Corrine" or some of the other experts to help. (You'll need to register to post).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboypain
    My friend says his laptop has been slow and i told him i could make it faster. Any suggestions on stuff that i can do to help him out ?
    http://www.3bsoftware.com/ registry repair pro is good,the trial version is worth installing and running i run it yesterday on an older laptop and it found 204 errors once these were sorted then you would think it had had an upgrade of memory.much faster and stable.also shut down all unnecessary auto start up items that start automatically when windows starts.searching past postings you will find this has been covered extensively in past threads,with many tips and suggestions.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 07-05-2006 at 03:20 AM.
    simply me

well since these messages got to me after i had already taken a look at my friends laptop, i just wanted to ay thanks for responding. I just deleted all of his cookies and degraged and he said that it improved.