Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default Messenger 6 Download warning

My computer runs on Win98 and I'm trying to install messenger version 6 at oldversion.com. My problem is a message pops up before the download which says " Some files may harm your computer... may contain malicious code...." Is this normal and should I just click download now? I've not encountered this before so I'm hesistant to continue the download. Please help me out. I really need to install messenger to be able to chat with my sister who is working in China, not that far but still, we do worry about her. Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

That is a Microsoft Standard Dialog box that lets you know that anytime you run an .EXE (executable) file, you need to be sure it is from a safe source.

As far as I know, the administrators at Oldversion.com do not knowingly provide any files with dangerous content.

To be safe, download it first, and then scan it with your favorite anti-virus software, before running it.

downloaded that a couple of days back and as with everything ,i scanned it as i was on a friends pc and it is fine as PETE says thats just a standard warning box and they do not appear with everything you download.

Gold

Default messenger6

Thank Pete & Straight Talker for the advice Really appreciate your feedbacks.