Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Administrator

i see your point yet you seem to go a long way about getting it across,but remember in the world of business any sale is better than no sale and in many cases it is the manner in which you contact such companies that determines whether or not you actually get a favourable response.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Hence, Corel had to buy or die.
    Thats a far fetched statement. Considering JASC was a single product line, while COREL has had it's hand in many areas of software development. COREL even packaged up their own Operating System years ago, which was later sold and is now known as Xanadros OS.

Corel makes some excellent plug-ins for Photoshop. Their KPT line is second to none.
    What about their still surviving WordPerfect suite.

It's more likely that JASC PSP may not have been able to survive as it was. To develop to the ever growing technology you must have a lot of money to spend on development.
    Then again, this is the way things are today. A favorite graphics editor I used was Micrografx PhotoMagic. It too was bought up by the biggest tech company around, Microsoft. Did Microsoft feel threatened by this company's product? Very unlikely.

To get to your issue. There is not going to be a simple solution. Oldversion.com does not provide you with every remedy to your software woes. The site is an archive. If you have a license you can find the software here. It's not the other way around.

There may be a slight chance you can find a CD version shipped with older PC's at computer shows. Or packaged with magazine subscriptions.

Otherwise, another solution is to use something else. Such as the Free Software/ Open Source editor, 'The GIMP'.

http://gimp.org/screenshots/

Release Candiate 2

The biggest threat to a bad product is competition. For a bad product to get a large, if not the, market share, requires destroying the competition, first. As a simple example, take "Made in China." If your only alternative is "Made in China," then it matters not whether the product works as the consumer desires. In fact, eventually the consumer will settle for inferiority as a given, which is largely where things are now. The politicians call this a free market, but the truth is it's just the opposite. If you have to buy that which you don't want, because that's all there is, it's called bondage. ...and it's still true even if the press doesn't say so.

As another example, take money. At one time the politicians had to abide by the law. This was a time when there was competition for the product called money. But then the politicians figured out that they could side with a bank and its ability to finance through infinite debt that could be charged to the people, instead of compete for the power granted to them by the people which created the law. Now there is no competition for the product, and look what we have. We have a government that does not give a hoot what we have to say about anything, in reality, in spite of what the bought press says constantly, and especially come election time, because it can always fund (exponentially!) whatever by charging us with the debt of borrowing from a bank as opposed to coming to us for funding. First you crush the competition, and then, eventually, the people accept the bondage and even will, naively, call it freedom. Freedom becomes slavery, and slavery becomes freedom. The people will choose to carry the ball and chain because they've known no other existence while they have been conditioned to forget the law which kept them free.

There are more examples, but that'll do. The point is the success of a bad product requires destroying competition first.

Release Candiate 2

the gaffer,

"BE HAPPY ITS FREE AND MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD"

Nothing is free. Everything has a cost. It's just that some costs are lower, even much lower, which creates the illusion of happiness for a time.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    As another example, take money. At one time the politicians had to abide by the law. This was a time when there was competition for the product called money.
    Not to keep driving this thread off-topic, but as with giving people an alternative to software titles. There exists an alternative to the Federal Reserve Note as well.

http://www.libertydollar.org/

"America's Inflation Proof Currency"
    "100% Backed and Redeemable in gold and Silver"

Alternatives will always exist, its just up to the people in large to decide if they want to change to something they have not used and are unfamiliar with.

Release Candiate 2

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    Not to keep driving this thread off-topic, but as with giving people an alternative to software titles. There exists an alternative to the Federal Reserve Note as well.

http://www.libertydollar.org/

"America's Inflation Proof Currency"
    "100% Backed and Redeemable in gold and Silver"

Alternatives will always exist, its just up to the people in large to decide if they want to change to something they have not used and are unfamiliar with.
    I'm familiar with that alternative, but I also have no desire to keep driving the thread off-topic, so I'll leave it at that.

hi i cant find paintshop pro 8 and jasc.com isnt there anymore so i dont know were to find it

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doomshine View Post
    hi i cant find paintshop pro 8 and jasc.com isnt there anymore so i dont know were to find it
    no need to keep posting in the same thread,i merged your original post into this thread as you will see the program you requested is already archived here http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=psp had you read the pinned topic on how to make requests you would of known to search the forums and would of found this and saved yourself some time.when you make a post you can edit it if you wish to add more details, it saves loads of unnecessary posts.jasc was gobbled up by corel a while back and hence you will only get a redirect to corel when you try and go jasc on the www.posts,welcome to oldversion stick around and enjoy the forums
    Last edited by the gaffer; 12-11-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: fixed typos
    simply me

Default Does anyone have the password for Paint Shop Pro 5 as released on the PC Format disc?

Quote Originally Posted by aafuss View Post
    Well, I own v 5.0(full version) courtesy of PCFormat (UK computer mag).
    Does anyone have this password. I had it until yesterday and then I stupidly corrupted the readme file it was in Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Default Jasc Paint Shop Pro SPECIFICALLY v5.01

JASC PSP v5.01
    install OR upgrade

On oldversion.com they only have the install file for PSP v5.0 -- I desperately need the install file for PSP version 5.01 or the upgrade file to upgrade v5.0 to v5.01 (the installation file for the evaluation copy of PSP v5.01 used to be all over the internet and now it seems to have dissapeared?

This was a major upgrade because v5.01 made it compatible with every plugin that was developed for Adobe Photoshop at the time.

If anybody know's where I can find the install OR upgrade file for Jasc Paint Shop Pro 5.01 you would be literally almost saving my career.

Thank you,
    Mitch
    Tampa, FL

PS. I may have the psp v5.01 install file on a CDR god know's where, trust me I've been looking--but if I find it I will be sure to send it in and make sure oldversion.com has it up there! Only true PSP users know how HUGE the difference is between v5 and v5.01