Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Been Scammed?

Default Been Scammed?

I joined what I thought was Kazaa for 30 days free with Altnet, (for 19.95 a month). I decided to cancel when I saw the charge already on my bill, but my spyware won't let me on the sight (says malicious sight). Anybody know anything about this sight or if there is a phone number ?

Administrator

I would start by contacting your card vendor,if the charge has been made and should not of been then they may be able to reimburse and follow it up to reclaim it.If your spyware will not let you on the site how did you initially get to it ??? Why do you want to get back on the site,altnet is known spyware and the site you have used is most likely malicious and will most likely make things worse.this is one of the pitfalls in the learning curve of such things as filesharing,is it really worth it ?? most likely not,thousands of people get ripped off everyday with such scams,hopefully once bitten and twice shy.
    simply me