Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Upgrading a IBM laptop with Window 95

Can someone tell me what to do because i tried to update my laptop but it wouldn't let me. it keeps on popin a message up like to update it with another thing.. i tried to upgrade it with microsoft xp but it doesn't want that.. Do you all have any advice for me.

What are the system specifications for your laptop?

It is highly likely that a computer designed for Windows 95, doesn't have the resources to run Windows XP.

For a discussion of the system requirements for Win XP see:
    http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/software/...0000653,00.htm

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mdisciple View Post
    Can someone tell me what to do because i tried to update my laptop but it wouldn't let me. it keeps on popin a message up like to update it with another thing.. i tried to upgrade it with microsoft xp but it doesn't want that.. Do you all have any advice for me.
    As Pete has mentioned, it is very likely that your laptop computer can not run Windows XP. However, I have upgraded many computers from Windows 95 to Windows XP just fine... it all depends on your computer's specifications.

I would love to help you, but at this time... I am depending on you to give me some more information about your laptop computer.

You mentioned is was an IBM laptop: What model? If you know the machine type and model we can look up the specs directly from IBM's website: IBM.com's Machine Type / Model Search.

Additionally, it is helpful if you would tell us exactly what these error messages are. If you don't put forth much effort in communicating your problem, the likelyhood of one of us being successful with helping you is dramatically reduced.

For you to not communicate/publish the exact message that is popping up on your computer, tells me that you might not be very serious about having your computer repaired.

If you want help... you have come to the right place. If you are here to waste time... fine, but don't waste my time. There are many people out there that would more than appreciate the help.