Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Problem going from 6.0 to 6.5 iTunes/Windows

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tried to upgrade iTunes 6.0 to 6.5 for Windows/XP - afer install 6.5 and try to start it, I get an error message that says "Must have a QuickTime version greater then 7.0.d.0 even though the download of 6.5 of iTunes from Apple website comes with QuickTime 7.1!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re:Problem going from 6.0 to 6.5 iTunes/Windows

I had this problem and I tried everything. I went without itunes for about 2 months. I finally figured out that Quicktime controls alot more of your computers settings than I realized. First go into the settings of Quicktime and see if there is something wrong. If that doesn't work, then do what I did.

1. Uninstall everything that has to do with itunes and quicktime (and apple, if possible). Most importantlty, clear your registry.

2. Download Quicktime Alternative or Media Player Classic.

3. Download itunes installer and save to desktop. Don't run installer yet.

4. Clean hard drive. CCleaner is one of the best free programs EVER.

5. Unplug from internet. This will make it safe to shut down your anti-virus and anti-spyware that runs in the background. Don't forget to turn back on when going back on-line

6. Install QT Alternative, then install itunes. This woked for me. All the programs above can be found at download.com. Don't forget to set a System Restore Point first.

Default skip point 2

awakeinsd, point 2 is redundant unless MrUnix99 is already using Ace Mega Codecs Pack or any such AiO pack that comes with Quicktime Alternative and Real Alternative. These packs (well not the packs themselves but some of the codecs, settings and registry settings) are really hurting you when triyng to install some aplications based on prorietary protocols. And some of those codecs are realy outdated which is generally not that good...