Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default install aim without admin privileges?

I want to install AIM at work, I don't have administrative privileges to do so, also javascript was disabled so I can't use AIM express. Is there an old version of AIM that can bypass this or something? My boss is actually encouraging me to do this so he can get AIM -_-, we work for a corporation so he doesn't have admin rights either. Remember I can't install anything so installing Navigator is not an option or any other programs that require a wizard or anything. Can it be run through a folder without installation?

Try the 4.4 beta. Even though is an exe, its a self exracting zip file. So it has no installer, which should mean, no admin priviledges required.

Quote Originally Posted by SpenceMasta View Post
    I want to install AIM at work, I don't have administrative privileges to do so, also javascript was disabled so I can't use AIM express. Is there an old version of AIM that can bypass this or something? My boss is actually encouraging me to do this so he can get AIM -_-, we work for a corporation so he doesn't have admin rights either. Remember I can't install anything so installing Navigator is not an option or any other programs that require a wizard or anything. Can it be run through a folder without installation?
    its likely the corp has software installed to stop this kind of thing being used anyway,your boss is encouraging you ? i bet he wont stand by you if you get found out,i would advise doing your chatting out of working hours,if you value your job that is.

why not just use meebo at work.
    www.meebo.com

Quote Originally Posted by straight talker
    i would advise doing your chatting out of working hours,if you value your job that is.
    Yeah, and perhaps dont use their hardware or bandwidth as they could be paying per megabyte so you using it without corporate consent could be classed as theft if they really want to hammer you, cause you pissed off the COO's daughter.
    As for your boss backing you up that is ludicrous,ask him to sign an instruction ordering you to put it on the computer for him, but as you have indicated a knowledge that this is contrary to company policy you perhaps had better get his boss to also sign it but ,still, this wont get you out of trouble with said daughter!

So to sweet talk her you could try

TerraIM is an instant messenger which connects to the AIM and ICQ instant messaging networks using either OSCAR or TOC as the protocol. It uses the wxWidgets toolkit and suports advanced features such as file transfer, logging, and tabbing.

http://www.terraim.com/
    just stick the .exe in a foldr or run from a floppy (no install).

Portable Miranda
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...randa-IM.shtml

Gaim Portable
    instant messaging made portable and secure
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/gaim_portable

or browser based
    http://www.aimonpsp.com/