Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default REMOVE THIS ILLEGAL STUFF CALLED "RealPlayer Alternative"

Today I saw that OldVersion.com also bundles an illegal codec pack called RealPlayer Alternative. This stuff is 100% illegal. It uses the RealMedia codecs which are copyright-violated. I must say that this program is like the so called "cracks".
    Please, get RID of this. It's a total pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ziege View Post
    It's a total pain.
    Real-netwerx corporate policies are the pain. Real player format used to be quite useful (arguably) until it gained momentum and then the company found it handy to stuff the program with whatever and make it bloat-ware all with the aim of making bundles of money. I'm not familiar with the subject, but people should have a choice as a given (and I don't mean use-it-or-not). TTYL

AOL bought realnetworks and ruined Realplayer in many ppls opinions!!

The last good REALPLAYER is version 8/8+ (Last release by the original company)

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    AOL bought realnetworks and ruined Realplayer in many ppls opinions!!

The last good REALPLAYER is version 8/8+ (Last release by the original
    company)
    I remember reading that real player was the best and no extras with it,i even heard the person that started real player on the TV. The BBC recomended it as their player of choise they might still do. But from the start i hated it! Haveing downloaded it i had to upgrade re register every time i wanted to use it .A REAL hassel

I used win amp and quintesentalplayer. but play all my music while at my laptop with "billy"from a great groupe of people www.sheepfriends.com i think i first started useing it in 1999/2000??

Hi DUDE i lost my password again!Back now