Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Problem Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7

So i have internet explorer 7 beta 3 on my pc. i am trying to remove it but when i try to, during the uninstalltion it keeps saying file ''browseui.dll.000'' not found. i searchd my pc the internet but i still cannot remove it! its starting to get a bit fustrating, so if anyone can help me out...please help me out.

Default Possible solution?

If you go to www.litepc.com they have a product called "XPlite/2000lite" which might help you out. Instead of paying for it, you can just use the Free Trial version.

What does XPlite/2000lite do? It takes standard Windows un-uninstallable features and transforms them into optional components so you can install & uninstall ANYTHING easily. Hopefully this should help you with your failed IE 7 uninstall by repairing the uninstall routine.

Even if the IE 7 uninstall fails again, "XPlite/2000lite" doesn't make substantial changes to your system. All it does is to give you access to previously unaccessible install/uninstall program routines.

By the way, I don't sell this stuff and I'm not connected with it in anyway, except I've been using "98Lite" (98Lite is for Windows98, 98SE, & ME) for about 5 years now with no complaints at all.

They have NO spyware, malware, or anything in their products; including their free stuff!

LitePC has a free product called "IEradicator 2001" with removes ALL traces of Internet Explorer, but it's only for Windows 95, 98, 98SE, & ME because these Operating Systems don't depend on IE browser engine like XP does.